Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arnold Clark- Mis Sold Vehicle, Only Paid Deposit

mills705

I have paid 100 deposit to secure a car for when it is ready.

The issue I have is that when I went in to discuss the vehicle I was test driving a 100ps ecoboost and looking for one online with the salesman which we found and I was going to go for. this was until a manager stepped in and mentioned one being traded in in the near future- exactly the same spec just fewer miles and in black rather than red which is what I was looking at. After a nights sleep I popped back in and discussed the order with the salesman. he was quite new and basically just rushed through it and asked for my money and signed an agreement with me.

I have the reg and me being curious searched the car- it has come back as 1.0 duratec which is only 80 ps so obviously not the same car that I was getting. I am furious that they have done this. I can say no to the car and basically get my deposit back however it is the principle of being duped essentially that has really upset me. Why have they done this?

Is there much difference between the 80ps and the 100? I was expecting it to be the same just a lower ps.

Any advice on how to approach this with the dealership?

Does the paperwork you signed state 80ps or 100ps? (80 is non turbo I believe)

Did you part with £100 before signing the paperwork?

Your first port of call would be to ask them to double check the car in light of your discovery.

• Like 1

1ltr 80ps is n/a & gutless

• Like 2

done both- I didnt really see the paperwork. he just asked me to sign it. The bloke was new and didnt really have a clue. I willl have to check paper work however I called the garage on my break and they confirmed that it is an 80ps. I knew there was 100 or 125 ps with the 1.0 but not the 80.

The deposit is refundable and I will be going tomorrow to either transfer it to the original car to get that shipped across or be refunding and going elsewhere.

It's two different 1.0 engines.

1.0 Ecoboost offers 100ps, 125ps & 140ps without aftermarket remaps. Although pumapspeed have pushed one to 205ps. Probably not lasted long like...

1.0 duratec is the old engine.

Duratec came about after the Yamaha designed Zetec SE engines in around 2002/2003 I think? My 2004 fiesta has the duratec anyway.. Although knowing Ford it's probably a rebadged zetec engine

• Like 1

The 1.0l in the Fiesta is a non turbo 3 cylinder and called a Duratec ,Ford confusing people by keeping old names for new engines.

The 1.0l in the Fiesta is a non turbo 3 cylinder and called a Duratec ,Ford confusing people by keeping old names for new engines.

Non turbo 3 cylinder? So basically a low tech, gutless ecoboost?

Ford Ford Ford... *facepalm*

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The paperwork does not mention ecoboost at all. It just says 998cc zetec.

I'm not having the car full stop. They have either tried to fob me off thinking I won't realise or made a genuine mistake forgetting I was looking at the 100 ps version.

I am calling the salesman at 9am to see what he says. They can either transfer my deposit onto another car and get that one into the dealership for me or I will be walking away and ringing trading standards informing them of this.

• Like 1

Yep, 3 cyl fox engine non turbo, its not the quickest of cars to drive, ive driven a few, ok for town driving only in my opinion

Fiesta 1.0 80ps n/a engine is purely an eco car :)

Eco car as no one wants to drive it, very eco friendly. Lol

• Like 2

Yep I'm not having it! Basically the same as my current car and I said I wanted the 100 ps. Hopefully going to wangle a free service or something from them for inconvenience

They admitted that they cocked up so I suggested another vehicle that I saw on their site at another dealership which they are making sure I get as it's just gone on sale there so we shall see how they fare.

They are also going to throw in some carpet mats and fuel for free due to inconvenience

• Like 2

Eco car as no one wants to drive it, very eco friendly. Lol

They have the same power as a mk 1 xr 2 which was anything but sluggish. If you want a bit of power and speed forget the 1.0l ecoboosts and get an st model.As the old sayings go,There aint no substitute for cubes/The only thing to beat a good small one is a good big one :D

• Like 1

By todays standards the MK1 XR2 is sluggish - in it's day it was quite a rapid car & I remember mine fondly

• Like 1

The XR2 would also have been considerably lighter...

• Like 1

A mere 820 ish kg iirc :)

Ford's first lightweight '' pocket rocket '' :)

XLD 700X in black - ah the memories ! :)

This will be my first ford! Looking forward to it! I really enjoyed the test drive!

Did not get the ideal car however not a bad car I have sourced so cant complain!

• Like 1

They have the same power as a mk 1 xr 2 which was anything but sluggish. If you want a bit of power and speed forget the 1.0l ecoboosts and get an st model.As the old sayings go,There aint no substitute for cubes/The only thing to beat a good small one is a good big one :D

No replacement for displacement... That is what we used to say...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club