Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

placed order today £'smany just got to wait now for it all to arrive must say the guy at ultimate finish was very help full spot on all i need now is time to do it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

all me cleaning stuff has arrived. :o :lol: only trouble is city link has it still on his van as i wasn't in :rolleyes::angry: have to collect from depo tonight .

gonna rain rest of week down here :angry: :angry: was hoping to do it this week as i only got the car on friday and it wont have to much ground in dirt on it..

They don't make a polish as such - Lime Prime is as close as they get, and strictly speaking that's a paint cleanser. It does however have a little cut and will correct paint in much the same way that Autgoglym Super Resin Polish does.

It also forms a great base for one of their waxes - or any other wax in fact. Lime Prime - Dodo Hard Wax - Dodo Soft Wax - Red Mist gives me great results, but it turns out I'm allergic to Red Mist so I'm going to try something else.

Got my bilberry wheel cleaner today (and some other stuff). I bought some spray bottles from Homebase. I noticed Dan said you need chemical resistant bottles - are they going to melt or something?? It says on the bottle nice smell - it's flippin' horrible!

Bilberry you should be ok. I'm having trouble with a couple of sprayers at present that have had solvents in them.

Oh, something else I meant to ask. How much Lime Prime Lite are you meant to use? I think I have been using too much.

Oh, something else I meant to ask. How much Lime Prime Lite are you meant to use? I think I have been using too much.

good question ..... ok got the bug once you start you cant stop bit like a tube of pringles lol. started cleaning car at 14:30 today and believe it or not have just finished about 20 mins ago..need to no how much stuff to use really because this gear should see me for a while but at the rate i was using it i think it won't last long..and is it best to keep applicator sponges and buffing cloths etc separate and for one product only.

Same rule as for wax - charge the pad with a blob the size of a 5p and don't recharge until the pad drags. Less is more.

Believe it or not - ground nut oil or peanut butter.

Are you using liquid wax? Get rid and get some hard wax, a decent one won't mark your trim.

as dan said

less is more with detailing. multiple thin coats of wax are better than 1 thick coat.

lime prime lite is a easier to tell cat the sponge should drag or be fairly dry, you can leave it to dry but it takes much more effort to clean off.

also if its a hot day and your car is hot then add a little water to it and it wont dry out quite as fast.

PS for anyone that wants a clay bar get the bilt hamber auto clay, i used it on a black bmw 3 series that spends most of its time in london this weekend and it was amazing how well it worked, even with only water as lube

also i was having a think about getting in contact with a couple of companies about sorting a group buy for the new dodo juice wax 'purple haze pro'

contains a few new ingredients and will go with any colour car. It is a soft wax that can be used on its own but also over the top of hard waxes.

I can also have a word about any other products that people would be interested in as a group buy.

:D

Believe it or not - ground nut oil or peanut butter.

Are you using liquid wax? Get rid and get some hard wax, a decent one won't mark your trim.

I used autoglym super resin polish. what would you recommend thats not too expensive?

super resin polish doesnt protect your car.

infact it takes all the protection off the car :lol:

you need to get some wax or sealent to go over the top, i would always recommend wax though.

If you like your autoglym products then go for AG HD wax or as both me and dan go for any of the dodo juice hard wax range.

for a white colours car look for either diamond white or banana armour

and now i have done my car and need to put another coat of wax on it can i dust it or have to wash it again?????

wash and dry it again.

if u wipe the dust you will put swirl marks into the paint

did think that but just having a blonde moment o and one little gripe followed instruction on me Maguires wash 4 cap fulls to a gallon and found that i did not use all the water shall i cut it down to 2 cap fulls or is it 4 for a reason....

halfrauds and petrol station sponges are a big no no because of the silicone added to it.

this is a zymol sponge, iv used a microfibre mitt and a lambs wool mitt so i thought i would try the other most used method of a zymol sponge to see which one i prefer :lol: i will report back with my findings and pictures after my detail on friday afternoon

:)

any update on the new sponge greenymk7

it probs is 4 for a reason so that it will have enough suds and not drag anything along the paint.

i never use all the water in my buckets.

remember you dont need to fill your rinse bucket up to much as it will get higher and higher once you keep rinsing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club