Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

You can - yes. The paint cleanser will improve the way the wax bonds to the surface however. I have both Lime Prime and Lime Prime Lite - that way if I need correction I can use the Lime Prime, and if I don't I can use Lime Prime Lite.

*slowly regrets buying Megs paint cleaner*

Take it back and get another order into I4D...it's the same price :lol:

Take it back and get another order into I4D...it's the same price :lol:

ahh it isn't, thats why i bought it. it was £9 in Halfords and the lime prime including postage would be £15

another question can u get an inline water filter for karcher preasure washer as my water is very hard and leaves white marks if not dried quickly enough lol i do like a cup of tea during cleaning and u no what they say we can't multi task sorry guys

you can get inline filters but most of them say don't use it with a pressure washer.

the aqua gleam ones are very good and i know a few people that do use them with pressure washers and in their buckets.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gl...-filter-12.aspx

I live in a very hard water area and I have been using rainwater from my garden waterbutt for a long time now, I use a pair of the OH tights as a filter and as rainwater is very soft I get no watermarks whatsoever and any shampoo thats used really foams up. If you have a waterbutt give it a try its free. :P

What excatly should poorboys wheel sealent be doing?

I put 4 coats on, on sunday and find the wheels dirty with brake dust already.

Is the wheel sealent just to make it easier to wash off?

I live in a very hard water area and I have been using rainwater from my garden waterbutt for a long time now, I use a pair of the OH tights as a filter and as rainwater is very soft I get no watermarks whatsoever and any shampoo thats used really foams up. If you have a waterbutt give it a try its free. :P

That's really weeeird, I thought soft water made it really difficult to get a good lather up.

Gaz,

the poorboys wheels sealent is purely there to make it easier to wash your wheels and to protect them from the brake dust eating into the wheels.

over a longer period you will notice the difference

That's really weeeird, I thought soft water made it really difficult to get a good lather up.

no soft water gives a good lather .... also hard to use rain water with a pressure washer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :unsure: :unsure:

even thought they are £50 the aqua gleam filters are great. if your having trouble with water marks there is a product from duragloss to get rid of them without hurting your wax layers.

no soft water gives a good lather .... also hard to use rain water with a pressure washer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh yeah, I was mistaken. Been a while since I thought about hard/soft water...

Gaz,

the poorboys wheels sealent is purely there to make it easier to wash your wheels and to protect them from the brake dust eating into the wheels.

over a longer period you will notice the difference

thanks, thought maybe i had applied it wrong :lol:

hmm, I've noticed some small black dots on my car that just rub off, I suspect it's the same thing? Will give it a wash on saturday. If I do give it a wax what's the best product for lazy people like me?

I have my own little power wash but will probably leave that for the summer. But if you guy's can suggest a wax or something that's good for all year round and means I don't have to clay etc etc I may have a go. I did spend the first year I had my last car washing and waxing it, but that was a few years ago now haha.

Sounds like you want a spray wax or sealant Marky.

The Durogloss Aquawax I mentioned earlier in this thread is AWESOME.

Autoglym also make an Aqua wax.

Red Mist by Dodo juice doesn't have to go over wax, it can be use don bare paint.

for quick and simple products that can layer up very quickly over winter you want to go for a sealent.

FK 1000P

Megs 16

collinite 915

all of these can be layered up fairly quickly but take a little longer to put on than a spray but not as long as wax to cure.

THanks guy's, I'll have a look into the products, will need to get a collection of mitts as well. I'm going to just use the local garage jetwash this weekend as I heard the weather is going to be rubbish, so it'll give me a chance to do some browsing.

I think it's going to take more effort to keep a white car clean! Judging by the dirt it's collected already, and I see it shows up those small black spots of sap or whatever from trees and bushes. grrrrr.

got my tin of Finish Kare 1000P this morning and its huuuuuuge :lol: and for £14 baaaaaaargain

weather is looking abit ribbish this morning so i mite not be able to use it but il give it a go. Will be using it on my dads and my grandads car as mine has already had lots of wax on so would take some time to get it all off again.

il give you the results asap

I have used Zero cleaning products on my alloys although i have 4 coats of poorboys on each. I usally tend to just use hot water with Meguiars next Generation shampoo to wash them. Does anyone have any goog alloy cleaner they use?, any shampoo that is better than megs?

Thanks

bilberry wheel cleaner is most detailers preference.

buy it and dilute it down so it last a long time aswell. you will need a chemical resistent sprayer for it also

i currently use megs step 2 polish, this is a great product, but i feel its time for change. Will auto glymm super resien be suitable for under my dodo juice?

It will be but unless u want to take out very minor swirl marks then id go with some lime prime lite. With it being a paint cleanse it leaves a great base for wax or sealent