Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

I come here to ask when i should apply super resin polish, and it gets answered for me! love it :)

whats this detailing all about then? waxing?

I got dimond brite free. do i still need to 'detail'?

detailing is basically making your car look nice and shiny and protecting it from the elements. Greenymk is the one to go to for oddly obsessive detailing.

Basically, a proper full on detailing involves:

Washing

Drying

Polishing

Applying wax/sealant to bodywork and alloys

Then there's all the stuff to make your wheels and trim look black, and all sorts.

If you've got Diamondbrite then you'll just need to make sure you use the Diamondbrite polishes and stuff to keep the layer protected.

detailing is an obsession :lol:

depending on what you want to do either wash your car with only diamondbrite products or it will end up coming off anyway, ooooooor you can take it off and protect your car properly :lol:

theres alot of stuff to get to know but just give this thread a read from the start and ul soon pick up on some tips

There isn't alot of diamondbrite love round here!

Heres one for the experts..

My car is 10 months old now and just ticked over 18,000 miles :lol: and the seats/carpets etc are looking like they need a good valet. I have acess to a 'vax' and want to know what interior shampoo/products I should get to give my interior a good valet.

Heres one for the experts..

My car is 10 months old now and just ticked over 18,000 miles :lol: and the seats/carpets etc are looking like they need a good valet. I have acess to a 'vax' and want to know what interior shampoo/products I should get to give my interior a good valet.

I use various products on the inside. One of which is also used on the outside - Megs All Purpose Cleaner. I also use Autoglym leather cleaner and cream and a touch of back to black.

Picked up my Hot Magenta Zetec yesterday, which dodo juice wax is going to best for it? Any recommendations.

Ta

dan

Hard Candy would seem the natural choice for Hot Magenta, but if I were in your position I'd try Blue Velvet (if you can stand to wait the Pro version is about to appear) with Purple Haze Pro over the top.

Alternatively, get a Dodo tester kit and try some different waxes on different panels. Colour charging doesn't prevent you using a wax on a different colour, it just changes the outcome and look. I have plans for a blue velvet/purple haze combo on white paint imminently for example.

I have plans for a blue velvet/purple haze combo on white paint imminently for example.

Now THIS i am looking forward to seeing the results of! B) I suggested this to a mate who's got a white car ages ago but he never went for it - now that i have a Frozen White Zetec S on order i'm very curious to learn whether coloured waxes give a sort of iridescence :)

I have a question for all you fellow Fiesta detailers - I have instructed my dealer NOT to valet the car on PDI - I intend to give it a full detail from the word go because i had sever problems with dealer-inflicted swirls when we bought our ST.

Do you think this is a wise move or not? (I have experience in detailing but I am concerned that it may be more trouble in having the car delivered without a PDI valet than not, becasue i will need to sign a disclaimer of some sorts? :unsure: )

Now THIS i am looking forward to seeing the results of! B) I suggested this to a mate who's got a white car ages ago but he never went for it - now that i have a Frozen White Zetec S on order i'm very curious to learn whether coloured waxes give a sort of iridescence :)

I have a question for all you fellow Fiesta detailers - I have instructed my dealer NOT to valet the car on PDI - I intend to give it a full detail from the word go because i had sever problems with dealer-inflicted swirls when we bought our ST.

Do you think this is a wise move or not? (I have experience in detailing but I am concerned that it may be more trouble in having the car delivered without a PDI valet than not, becasue i will need to sign a disclaimer of some sorts? :unsure: )

i know DanGull didn't have his car cleaned by his dealer when he got his so i shouldn't imagine it to be a problem :) welcome to the forums by the way

I took delivery of an untouched car (it still had plastic on in places) and didn't sign anything. I think it's a wise move.

I'm not sure the darker waxes will look at all different - the only reason I'm trying it is to make application easier, I'll be able to see my layers much more clearly prior to removal to check for evenness and the fact that I've covered every part of the panel.

NOTE TO MICHAEL P FROM DAN GULL:

Please don't post offensive images on FOC.

:lol:

(Don't worry folks, he's not really in trouble, I just can't allow pictures of FILTHY cars on the detailing thread)

My Zetec was a pre-registered, so it had been washed several times by the dealership - it's got quite a few swirls on which is a bit annoying :(

My Zetec was a pre-registered, so it had been washed several times by the dealership - it's got quite a few swirls on which is a bit annoying :(

Look on it as an excuse to buy a machine polisher...

;)

;)

That's going to have to be next month's purchase. Things are a little bit tight now ^_^

i had abit of a session today aswell my silverline turned up during the week and some pads and other things.

gave it a go on my dads fairly new 09 citreon C5. will post pics up very shortly on how it went.

unfortunately mine has got a few swirls on it but that will have to wait till spring as i have now 5 layers of blue velvet on.

my dads car was also finished off with 2 layers of FK1000P which was pretty easy to use.

i had abit of a session today aswell my silverline turned up during the week and some pads and other things.

gave it a go on my dads fairly new 09 citreon C5. will post pics up very shortly on how it went.

unfortunately mine has got a few swirls on it but that will have to wait till spring as i have now 5 layers of blue velvet on.

my dads car was also finished off with 2 layers of FK1000P which was pretty easy to use.

i look forward to the pictures!

I took delivery of an untouched car (it still had plastic on in places) and didn't sign anything. I think it's a wise move.

I may refuse to sign anything in that case, thanks ;)

I'm not sure the darker waxes will look at all different - the only reason I'm trying it is to make application easier, I'll be able to see my layers much more clearly prior to removal to check for evenness and the fact that I've covered every part of the panel.

That's just genius! :P

Or do what I did and convince a family member (in my case my brother) that they simply must have a PorterCable [other machine polishers can also be slected ;)] and just borrow it every time you need to detail :D

Or do what I did and convince a family member (in my case my brother) that they simply must have a PorterCable [other machine polishers can also be slected ;)] and just borrow it every time you need to detail :D

My dad may have one... :-"

Goodies arrived today - Dodo Purple Haze (not pro, I'm allergic to that as well as Red Mist <_<) and Blue Velvet. Delivered from I4D with amazing service as ever - they even include a decent mf and foam applicator with each pot of wax.

Also got some new clay. Back to Dodo Supernatural as it's much cheaper than Sonus pound for pound.

I plan to strip everything off this weekend and get the car Juiced up with these new (well, new to me) colour charged waxes. I also took delivery of a pot of Swissvax Glacier, though that's more for my ever increasing wax collection than to actually go on the car :P:lol:

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

woop woop

all hail the dodo :lol:

im onto my mums car this weekend with FK1000P again :D

dan what do you use on your windows? do u have any sealents on?

woop woop

all hail the dodo :lol:

im onto my mums car this weekend with FK1000P again :D

dan what do you use on your windows? do u have any sealents on?

Evening greeny,

I haven't got anything on the glass at present - just use Megs glass cleaner (the concentrated one), although I do have a bottle of RainX and when I was using Red Mist wasn't scared to use it on glass.

I have heard sniffs that Dodo have a glass sealant on the way.

yeah i heard this aswell.

iv got rainX but only ever used it on the rear window, was contemplating trying it on all of them but not sure.

if there is no dodo within the next couple of months i might also have a look at the carlack 68 kit which people seem to find pretty gd.

i actually lime primed lited my windows the last full detail i did and it beaded massively but i didnt seal it with anything so it gone off abit now.

ps i frickin love the bubblegum from i4 :lol:

im just stocking up again on cyc atm but not sure on new products to try theres just soooooo many :lol: EDIT: iv just bought lots of chemical guys stuff as i havent used it for a while - watermelon air fresher, miracle dryer (test against my SN), Sasquatch maximus buffing towels and some speed wipe and streak free quickshine

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club