Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Right, I got all my stuff and used all bar the wax and wheel cleaner today and have some questions:

How much Dodo borne to be mild should I put in a bucket of water? And should I be using two bucket full's to clean my car?

What is the best way to clean the sills?

Do I have to wash my wheels with the dodo juice AND spray them with my billberrys solution?

How do I wash my mitt and towel?

Is one towel enough? It seemed to be

How the hell do I get all the little stubborn black spots of the car

Here's a photo of my little collection:

IMG_1193.jpg

I brought:

A Meguiars wash mitt

DODO Juice Mister Pink interior mitt

DODO Juice Borne to be mild soap

DODO Juice Supernatural Dryer towel

A wheel scrubbing brush

Bilberry wheel cleaner

Duragloss Aquawax

2 packs of Sonus microfiber cloths

2 Sonus wash buckets with grit gards

And to give an update, I went to my dealers to get my squeaky seats fixed and tracking looked at, they forgot about my squeek as they just did the 1500 mile check AND repaired a puncture thanks to a nail I had!!!!! :angry::angry: So I am going to have to take it back for the squeak and they told me that the car will pull a bit due to the road camber and low profile tyres anyway.

Right, I got all my stuff and used all bar the wax and wheel cleaner today and have some questions:

How much Dodo borne to be mild should I put in a bucket of water? And should I be using two bucket full's to clean my car?

Depends on the bucket size - it's very concentrated though. I use two good quirts :lol:

What is the best way to clean the sills?

I use a detailing brush and some all purpose cleaner. A damp mf would work just as well.

Do I have to wash my wheels with the dodo juice AND spray them with my billberrys solution?

No - I snow foam at the start of the wash and use Bilberry while that is dwelling. Spray on, leave for a SHORT while, agitate with your wheel brush, then rinse. I find the 17s hide dirt well, so after I've done that I roll the car back a foot and deal with any missed patches.

How do I wash my mitt and towel?

40 degree wash, no fabric softner.

Is one towel enough? It seemed to be

Yes, although I have three - 2 for paint, 1 for wheels. I also have a glass towel.

How the hell do I get all the little stubborn black spots of the car

They're probably tar - get some tar remover such as Tardis or Autoglym. You could also use clay.

Here's a photo of my little collection:

IMG_1193.jpg

I brought:

A Meguiars wash mitt

DODO Juice Mister Pink interior mitt

DODO Juice Borne to be mild soap

A wheel scrubbing brush

Bilberry wheel cleaner

Duragloss Aquawax

2 packs of Sonus microfiber cloths

Sonus microfiber deep pile towel

2 Sonus wash buckets with grit gards

A great starter kit there - the interior mitt is a bit of a waste of time in my opinion, a normal mf works well. Great to see someone with Aquawax - it's great. However - it's a shame to use all that great kit and then not put a hard or soft rather than only a liquid wax on. Get some AG High Def, Swissvax Glacier or your choice of the Dodo waxes, then top that with the Duragloss.

And to give an update, I went to my dealers to get my squeaky seats fixed and tracking looked at, they forgot about my squeek as they just did the 1500 mile check AND repaired a puncture thanks to a nail I had!!!!! :angry::angry: So I am going to have to take it back for the squeak and they told me that the car will pull a bit due to the road camber and low profile tyres anyway.

Hmm, I'll have to get some tar removal, damn white hahaha. Can I not just use something like this DODO Juice Purple Haze Pro to wax the car? I noticed a post that said it will work with any colour and it can be used on it's own? It is expensive but if you only have to do it every 3 or 4 months it may be worth it or do you have to put thin layers on all the time?

I know I sound lazy haha, but as I said if I can use a DODO wax on it's own every 3 months I may do it.

Purple Haze Pro is apparently awesome. I'm allergic to one of the solvents in it, so haven't used it myself - I do however use and LOVE the standard Purple Haze.

Yes, any Dodo wax will last around 3 months - especially if topped up with Aquawax every couple of weeks. Definitely, definitely worth it. I tried Blue Velvet recently on my white paint, not so impressed - I'd say get some Hard Candy (which is hard, where as Purple Haze Pro is soft, hard is better for durability) and save yourself £15 over the PH Pro.

Right, I don't mind the cost if it protects the car and paint. So I could buy the purple haze pro and that would be good with my white car? Or is it only for dark colours?

And I could just wash the car, then put purple haze on, then put the aquawax on straight after?? Or do you have to wash the car again? And you just put a thin layer on about every 3 months?

And can I wash the towel and wash mitt together or with clothes?

And can I wash the towel and wash mitt together or with clothes?

If you use fabric conditioner/softener then you definately can't wash them with your clothes, and TBH I wouldn't recomend it any way.

Can't see why you couldn't wash the mitt and towel together though - something like a 30deg wash with just basic washing powder.

mark as far as dodo wax goes at the moment i would be inclined to by blue velvet pro, they include more sealents so would be much better over winter.

other than that and i no im raving about it at the moment, Finish Kare 1000P, this stuff is the dogs nuts and perfect for winter, will last around 5 months with top ups from detailing sprays and its only £17 so a bargain.

if you have the money get both :lol: you can also put dodo wax over the top of finish kare and it would last even longer.

Ok, can I get away with just washing the car by hand, try to get rid of the little black spots, then just wax it with the DODO juice for one layer and that's it? Then repeat again in a week if the weather is good? So I can put a couple of layers on, then I can use the aquawax every couple of weeks?

OR do I have to do all this pre-was and then wash and then preparation stages? As it say's on the DODO website.

And can't I just get a wax I can use all year round? Also these wax's your talking about are all for dark coloured cars? You sure I can use the Pro one on my white car? If so then I am leaning more towards the Purple Haze because it is soft so easier to apply and Dan has the same colour as me and uses it :D

dodo waxes can be used on any car. waxes can be used all year round but its always better to have a sealent during winter aswell due to the salts on the road.

layers you could with at least a couple if not 3/4 but you ideally want to do it without washing inbetween the layers.

preparation is the key to a good car, put time into prep and you will have a better wax layer and better protection.

if you have lots of tar spots then get some tardis, its amazing stuff and very powerful

Hi everyone! My first load of stuff from I4D arrived today and I was grinning like a six year old when I was opening it all :D I thought the little touches like the two sweets in the invoice and the handwritten note and the bottom of the invoice made it a really nice overall shopping experience.... or is that just me ;)

Aaanyway, I've got myself some BTBM, some DD Hard candy, bilberry wheel cleaner, megs chemical resistant bottle and sprayer, a smartwax drying towel, a hell of a lot of microfibres and a wheel brush from eBay :D :D I will edit later and add a pic.

I wasn't asking a question or anything, I just wanted to share my happiness (however lame that sounds :P )

Used bilberrys today and VERY impressed.

However,

It has failed to remove a few tar spots. Is it safe to put a SMALL amount (undiluted) on the end of a cotton bud and work it in?

Absolutely Gaz.

Marky - Purple Haze is 'intended' for dark cars, as is blue velvet and their pro versions. However, Purple Haze on my white is awesome - and I'm less than impressed with Blue Velvet.

All the Dodo colour charging is very subtle - any wax on any paint is fine. Banana Armour looks ACE on white as well.

i do love my hard candy! i've almost finished my pot, only got about 3 layers left in it

i do love my hard candy! i've almost finished my pot, only got about 3 layers left in it

You sure you've not been using too much? I've hardly used any out my pot

You sure you've not been using too much? I've hardly used any out my pot

i've got a sample pot, its a tiny tiny pot!

its about this wide and thick:

|----------------------------------------|

Ah, that explains it then! I got the big girls pot!

Ah, that explains it then! I got the big girls pot!

i might get the big pot next time, but i might try out other wax, crazy man me!

i might get the big pot next time, but i might try out other wax, crazy man me!

:lol: Wild!!!!

Right, so there are a couple of DODO's to choose from, now then what the hell do I need for the prep stage then? Do you REALLY need to prep the car after the wash before polishing? And do you need to put Aquawax on after polishing the car?

Also, if you do it all in one day, how many coats do you have to put on?

you want to:

wash 2 buckets

dry

clay - bilt hamber soft auto clay

wash

dry

lime prime if you feel like it but you don't have to

wax

leave for 3ish hours

wipe with microfibre before next layer of wax

and so on and so on

Hmm, will have to get some clay I guess?

Also, my stone chip on my front bumper. I spoke to Chips away? and the guy told me he would not be able to do the job until January and as a rough guide the price to get rid rid off a stone chip is around £95!!!!!!!

Can I not use some tar remover and perhaps try a touch up paint brush? I don't know now as £95 for a tiny stone chip seams excessive, but he has NOT seen the car in any way, he provided that price over the phone. Should I get him to see the car and give me a proper quote?

This is my stone chip:

IMG_1184.jpg

I'm new to this detailing but wanna keep my new Mk7 looking good.

I have followed some of what has been said above - sponge and fairy liquid washes on old car are out!

Now using 2 buckets, Sour Pour, natural wool mit, and towel drying as best possible - still like to chamois windows (old school).

Since new the car has had 2 coats of Poorboys on my alloys, used AG Super Resin followed by 2 layers of AG High Def Wax on the paintwork.

After all positive comments on thread, was thinkin about investin in some Dodo Blue Velvet on my Ocean Blue Fiesta - will it noticeably enhance the colour and does it just go on top of the HD or do I have to wax again on top of the Dodo?

Also would the wheels benefit from AG on top of the Poorboys or once sealed are they good against salt and brake dust etc?

This novice would welcome your advice - ta!

AG High Def is a hard wax - you won't get very effective layering with Blue Velvet (another hard wax) over the top of it. They may even degrade each other. Much better would be to put Purple Haze (a soft wax) over your High Def (a combination I've just tried, and it's ace).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club