Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

if your going to clean get it done as quick as possible and then get inside for some detailing and waxing.

i wont be doing mine until we get some warmer weather though. unfortunatly that means driving round in a black car that looks nearly white because of all the salt :(

i got a nice new jet washer for xmas opened it up and half the handles missing so back to Halfords it goes :(

I also got a new PW for Christmas - a heated one! Wooo, cold weather will hold me back no longer.

I also got a new PW for Christmas - a heated one! Wooo, cold weather will hold me back no longer.

sounds good a heated one not cheap i bet,got mine replaced today

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/shop/view...?product_id=182 is this a good starter kit?? what the best stuff for white cars?

It is good Hammie - but doesn't include a wax, whereas this may be more expensive, but it's better value in terms of the amount of products it contains...

Detailing Starter Kit

You could then go for any of the Dodo waxes - the pictures above show what diamond white can do, I'm loving purple haze on min as a top layer at present as well.

Or this one contains Supernatural, which is in my wax top 5...

Supernatural Bundle

Another wax which is worth considering on white is Swissvax Glacier - or of course Swisswax Best of Show but that's £150 a pot :blink:

iv got autoglym HD wax and a few other bits but want to get into detailing more,when i put tyre dressing on my car it ends up on the side of the car how do i stop this??

HD looks great on white -

DSC01007.jpg

The first detail I ever did on the mk7 was using HD.

Are you using a spray tyre dressing? I've never got on with those. Get some Megs endurance gel and the special applicator, it looks great and keeps everything on the tyres only.

no iv got sum sonus tyre dressing,yeh the HD is amazing stuff.whats best to keep the white clean in this weather or even in the summer for w while im cleaning mine every 2-3days iv just given up in this weather

no iv got sum sonus tyre dressing,yeh the HD is amazing stuff.whats best to keep the white clean in this weather or even in the summer for w while im cleaning mine every 2-3days iv just given up in this weather

Nothing keeps the car clean in this weather :angry:

However - a couple of coats of FK1000P from, say, Serious Performance does help the dirt adhere less and come off more easily at washes.

iv got autoglym HD wax and a few other bits but want to get into detailing more,when i put tyre dressing on my car it ends up on the side of the car how do i stop this??

i use gloss it tyre gel from polished bliss it very good

Careful Dan, warm water freezes faster than cold water, so you could end up with your car covered in a sheet of ice... :-"

Don't worry hook - I've just had a floor drain fitted in the garage - so detailing is going indoors from now on!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club