Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Thanks, I think il just save the car for a full wash on the weekend before the FOC meet :)

Is that AG aqua wax any good?

After cleaning the car yesterday theres still tiny red/orange dots that cant even be "nailed" off ( Probs a bad Idea to try picking them off with my nails but yano) I dont even know what they are, on the front id assume dead bug juices but on the sides too??

Thanks

EDIT- I have empty spray bottles from other alloy wheel cleaners- could they be used for the bilberry?

Hi Mate,

The simple wash stage should be carried out as needed or through a routine. Once a week is perfect for this.

Get yourself 3 buckets. One for Wash, Rinse, Wheels. As with instructions on bottle add in correct amount of "Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml" to 2 of the buckets (Wash and Wheels). Now using "Meguiar's Super Thick -Microfibre Wash Mitt" soak in the rinse bucket (this should be 1/4 full of fresh water) and then dunk into the wash bucket. This one dunk should cover a panel turning the wash mitt mid way through. Now rinse in the rinse bucket before again placing in the wash bucket. (This will keep all grit and dirt in the rinse bucket and away from the wash bucket). On completion dry the car with "I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"" or "Autoglym Synthetic Chamios".

Now you can use the "Autoglym Super Resin Polish -(SRP)". Every couple of months would be good for this. Put a small blob about the size of a 5p piece onto a "I4D Yellow Foam Wax Pad Twin- Wax Application pads" and rub in a forward and back motion on the panel. This blob should last a panel. Once fully worked in buff off with "Asda Microfibre Cloths"(A better microfibre than this would be much better)Once the whole car has been completed follow the same process with "Autoglym HD Wax"taking a few rubs of the wax for each panel. Before buffing off however leave a good 10-20 minutes. In the winter months i would use "Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection"instead as it is more of a sealant and will give more protection against salt etc.

Whenever you see the need to touch up the finish you can use "Duragloss #951 Aquawax". A few squirts onto a panel and work in with a microfibre (Do this while the panels are wet, it will also dry the car). Then with another microfibre buff to a finish panel by panel.

Hope this is of use and makes sense :lol:

I really recommend getting a decent set of microfibre cloths however :)

Hi Gazjs

Just a quick update, i'v acquired a tub of FKP1000p. Can you recommend when I use this. Can I fit this in with the

products I am using already or would it be a replacement of one.

Is this a winter or summer month product?

I'll be washing my car again this weekend and want it all nice and shiny shiny B)

Hi Gazjs

Just a quick update, i'v acquired a tub of FKP1000p. Can you recommend when I use this. Can I fit this in with the

products I am using already or would it be a replacement of one.

Is this a winter or summer month product?

I'll be washing my car again this weekend and want it all nice and shiny shiny B)

Fk1000p is sealant like the AG EGP. Although much much better. I have never used this myself. The person to ask is DanGull about this product ;)

Fk1000p is sealant like the AG EGP. Although much much better. I have never used this myself. The person to ask is DanGull about this product ;)

DanGull

The floor is yours :D

Gazjs; I am surprised to hear that its better than EGP. In my head, i thought AG products all complimented each other.

Putting EGP on top of SRP was the bees knees, but obviously I'm still naive in these matters :) What makes it better,

if you dont mind explaining.

FK can be put on in the winter and the summer and can go on the wheels and paintwork.

Normally put on after the paint cleanse or wash after clay stage.

Put on like wax, takes 2o mins to cure before you can put another layer on, ideally you would like 2/3 layers and this will last well through the summer.

If you are finding the tub hard spray some quick detailer in their and give it a swirl round with your applicator to make it into more of a paste

I wash the car with dodo juice sour power and dry it then use dodo juice wax blue velevet i think it is.

used to use SRP and EGP.

After waxing should i put anything else on to protect/ increase shine?

you should leave it a full 24 hours and then maybe put some quickly detailer on.

dodo red mist or all the others that are around, im using chemical guys at the moments and its very decent

One for those that are using the Kestral DA6/equivalent 6" Velcro backed polishing tool - what pads are you using? The Autoglym cutting/polishing pads I have are okay, but they're not particularly durable.

Any suggestions? I've seen a few that appear to have three-stages, but would prefer some anecdotal evidence before buying some more.

Ta in advance.

OK So dodo juice red mist has good reviews.

I waxed my car with blue velvet a week ago, i washed car, dried it and put 2 coats of wax on. i washed it yesterday.

in your opinion if i buy red mist should i wash it, wax it again then add red mist or just wash it and then red mist?

Also I read you should leave the car for a while after waxing before using red mist?

wash and quick detail until you want to add wax again so say about 3/4 months

Don't put red mist on until at least 24 hours after your last wax coat.

Well, it has just stopped raining here, so I decided to go out and take a couple of beading shots :D I am particularaly impressed with the beading considering it was last washed two weekends ago and has covered over 350 miles since.

The LSP is two layers of hard candy, finished with red mist.

Enjoy:

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

DanGull

The floor is yours :D

Gazjs; I am surprised to hear that its better than EGP. In my head, i thought AG products all complimented each other.

Putting EGP on top of SRP was the bees knees, but obviously I'm still naive in these matters :) What makes it better,

if you dont mind explaining.

Better is such a strong word :lol:

FK definitely has better longevity than EGP and as a wheel sealant it's much better (EGP always dries funny on my wheels). However - EGP definitely creates more shine and is a much better base for other products.

My cars is currently wearing EGP with Purple Haze over the top, plus FK1000P on the wheels. I like this combo, and it's a doddle to apply.

For the first time i got the new car under a bright security light tonight. Its swirl city out there on that fiesta :(

Time to break out....the rotor....brrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

Alex, you're a show off.

Dan or anyone else who wishes to reply!

I currently OWN:-

Dodo Juice sour power shampoo

Autoglym SRP

Autoglym EGP

Dodo juice blue velvet soft wax

Builberry wheel cleaner

Dodo juice (red mist?) Ordered, should be here on Wednesday

Various cloths/pads etc

I got my ZS (black) 2 weeks ago, I washed it and gave it 2 coats of dodo juice blue velvet, and then a week later one wash and dry.

I am off work later this week, just wondered if you could give me some advice on which of my products to use and in what order. I dont mind/have the time to spend on the car so I dont mind how long it takes!

First up - blue velvet is a hard wax, purple haze is the corresponding soft wax from Dodo...

I would say wheel wash with Bilberry, two bucket wash with Sour Power and mitts, dry with mf towel, SRP, EGP or BV (it's getting to be summer, so wax all the way, both of those is overkill in my opinion) top with a coat of red mist after the bv is fully cured.

That's a pretty good routine, the only thing missing as far as I'm concerned is a good clean on the arches/tyres (I use Megs APC and Degreaser, careful not to get either of these on the wax layer) and a good snow foam to loosen the muck. :)

Thanks Dan! B)

My mistake on the dodo juice wax, its Purple Haze I have! Also what is "BV" ?

Blue Velvet...

If you have Purple Haze - stick both EGP and Purple Haze on (in that order) nice combo - as I say, it's on mine at present :)

Dan, sorry to be dumb!

A coat of SRP then EGP or Purple Haze? then after red mist?

sorry dan i replied before you edited your post!

I don't see any dumbness - I've been on detailing World too long, most products over there are abbreviated, I forget that people don't know the products as well here :)

Yes, SRP - EGP - Purple Haze - WAIT 24 hours - Red Mist

A question for you, Dan.

When i go to the car was before work tonight, do i select the £2 wash or the £7 wash??

A question for you, Dan.

When i go to the car was before work tonight, do i select the £2 wash or the £7 wash??

£2 is better no brush to be uswd ist jet wash pmsl

A question for you, Dan.

Go the whole hog, use the £7 wash, and scrub the paint off entirely. It can't possibly look any worse...

Cheers, i knew you'd be clued up :)

I'ma joshin!!!

Hopefully the weather stays at it is now (rather pleasant) so i'll be able to clean it when i get home from work today :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club