Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Just picked up our brand spanking new Titanium and in a weak moment during the negotiations when we bought it, I had the G3 Glasscoat pack added.

Well, it looks like a million dollars but has anyone had this type of protection put on. Apparently all I have to do is spit on the car and it will look like new again.

Always one for ducking out of waxing cars I thought I would give this a try.

Comments??

Just picked up our brand spanking new Titanium and in a weak moment during the negotiations when we bought it, I had the G3 Glasscoat pack added.

Well, it looks like a million dollars but has anyone had this type of protection put on. Apparently all I have to do is spit on the car and it will look like new again.

Always one for ducking out of waxing cars I thought I would give this a try.

Comments??

Never heard of the pack so cant comment. But as with all dealer applied protection its only as good as the time spent on applying it.

Got my new sea grey titanium, washed it and extra gloss protection on it.

To think I always thought cars were properly cleaned when they came new from the garage, god was I wrong!!!

Will post pics if I can figure out how

Got my new sea grey titanium, washed it and extra gloss protection on it.

To think I always thought cars were properly cleaned when they came new from the garage, god was I wrong!!!

Will post pics if I can figure out how

If you go into new members thread I pinned a topic on how to add pictures ;)

Look forward to seeing them :D

Can everyone make sure they check the first post in this thread as we now have a new i4detailing voucher code.

FOCX will no longer work so please dont use this :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I have a black fiesta style with 2200 kilometers on the clock..

I am using cleaning products that my nearest auto factors have.

I use sionmez car wash with two microfiber mitts.

To clean any interior grit on door rubbers and around the door I use a very diluted solution of the car wash with warm water (use micro fiber cloths)

I use turtle wax metallic to get rid of scratches as I live on a country road and cannot avoid them.I also got a wax called sonax1 from a German friend and its nice and easy to apply and remove.

I use domestic window cleaner on windows (apart from windscreen)

I have a high pressure lance washer for the exterior.

I dry the exterior with Large microfiber cloths and then use chamois leather to finish.

If any of the above is wrong I would appreciate any advice ....Many thanks for reading post.

My new car is 2 weeks old, on day one it got a good wash and a coat of autoglym EGP. Its due for a wash now and I have got some autoglym HD wax. My plan is to wash with dodo juice shampoo then HD wax, is this ok or do I need to strip the EGP and if so how?

My new car is 2 weeks old, on day one it got a good wash and a coat of autoglym EGP. Its due for a wash now and I have got some autoglym HD wax. My plan is to wash with dodo juice shampoo then HD wax, is this ok or do I need to strip the EGP and if so how?

HD will sit very nicely on top of EGP :)

Wash

Dry

HD

:)

Hi,I have a black fiesta style with 2200 kilometers on the clock..

I am using cleaning products that my nearest auto factors have.

I use sionmez car wash with two microfiber mitts.

To clean any interior grit on door rubbers and around the door I use a very diluted solution of the car wash with warm water (use micro fiber cloths)

I use turtle wax metallic to get rid of scratches as I live on a country road and cannot avoid them.I also got a wax called sonax1 from a German friend and its nice and easy to apply and remove.

I use domestic window cleaner on windows (apart from windscreen)

I have a high pressure lance washer for the exterior.

I dry the exterior with Large microfiber cloths and then use chamois leather to finish.

If any of the above is wrong I would appreciate any advice ....Many thanks for reading post.

I would possibly use a glass cleaner meant for cars. I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a slight difference in chemicals or something along those line.

• Like 1

Took a few beading shots middle of night a while ago wax was put on few weeks ago.

IMG_20100927_215104.jpg

IMG_20100927_215112.jpg

I always used megiures 3 stage paint cleaner, i came second in the show and shine a few years back in Fiesta in the Park..

lookindamnclean.jpg

I am converted.

I detailed the car this weekend with Optimum No Rinse, using the two bucket method with grit guards and microfibre mitts. I have been forced down this route as I now have no outside water available for the pressure washer.

The car had been thoroughly detailed last time and was wearing two coats of Supernatural and the wheels had been sealed with FK1000P - but even so the car was far dirtier than I have ever let it get due to moving house.

The process was completely easy, and the finish was every bit as good as a full snow foam/Bilberry/full works detail - I had the swirl light on it afterwards as well and there were zero signs of fresh damage.

The product works by massively increasing the lubricity of the wash water (it's better at it than BTBM...) meaning you can safely dry to the car without rinsing.

I recommend anyone pushed for time/outside water to give it a go.

No pics as I was in a hurry - next time though.

Glad to hear it, Dan :) Pleased it didn't leave any swirls.

On another note, my BTBM and red mist have just run out. Any suggestions for replacements for either of them? I'm more than pleased with them both but was wondering if there is anything better out there :)

No Alex, for shampoo you can't beat BTBM for me. PM me and I'll give you a good price on the brand new bottle I have and no longer need.

As for Red Mist - Try some Serious Performance Show Detailer, it's cracking stuff and I would suggest gives better protection.

Not a fiesta but gave a mini. detail to the neighbours car today.

Products used:

AS Tardis

Bilberrys

Poorboys Black Hole

Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel

Dodo Hard Candy

Picture029.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Nice pics and good job there Gaz :)

On a different note, has anybody tried ay of the following:

Britemax 6s

or

Megs 135

I'm thinking of getting one of these as a replacement for red mist, but it would be good to hear thoughts first :)

That's some job Gazjs, I spent a couple of hours on the fiesta yesterday and its nothing compared to what you've done. My main problem is that there are briar's(brambles) sticking out around the roads where I live and I cannot avoid getting car scratched from them.I do not want to use T-cut or similar rubbing compound on new car.I try to get them out with Turtle wax metallic but I can still see them.

Thanks for the reply on the window cleaner--you saved me there, as I found out that domestic stuff will either discolour or perish the rubbers if it gets on them.

I wish I had the choice of stuff that you guys have .I am going to see if I can get some of the mentioned cleaners online.

Thanks to all posters here for the great pics' and the useful comments, I have picked up great info' here :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club