Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

I spent £16 and got 2 :P :lol:

Clearly amounts were not an issue then! - I can't quite remember, somewhere between £50 and £80. Seems to be some favouritism going on here :angry:

Clearly amounts were not an issue then! - I can't quite remember, somewhere between £50 and £80. Seems to be some favouritism going on here :angry:

:lol: £50 i spent

:lol: :P

Although not strictly for a Fiesta (my old MKIV was the best value car I've owned), I recently purchased some gear from Marsh (he's on a few forums) from Clean Mitts.

img1150o.jpg

• Kestrel DAS-6
  • DoDo Lime Prime 250ml
  • DoDo Lime Prime Lite 250ml
  • DoDo Blue Velvet 250ml
  • 4x AutoGlym polishing pads (2 cutting, 2 polish)
  • detailing Tape
  • Bucket (out of pic)
  • 4x Microfibres
  • 2x waffle weave towels (15"x28")
  • AutoGlym clay bar 100g
  • AutoGlym Tar Remover 500ml

£160 delivered, which I thought was a great deal, seeing as the Kestrel alone is usually £75 and the DoDo Juice stuff would be around £60. I've already got an absurd amount of detailing gear, but glad to have finally taken the plunge with a decent beginner polishing device. The above site also does microfibre wash mitts for dead cheap, which I was surprised to find were far better than the lambswool I was previously using and never shed fur!

Has anyone else here used the Kestrel DA6 polisher?

ive got too buy a drying towel next, i have a Meguiars water magnet drying towel but it a few years old now, ive seen the dodo supernatural towel but it seems a bit big and overkill, anyone know what the dodo soft touch towel is like?

ive got too buy a drying towel next, i have a meguiars water magnet drying towel but it a few years old now, ive seen the dodo supernatural towel but it seems a bit big and overkill, anyone know what the dodo soft touch towel is like?

Clean Mitts do a 32"x24" drying towel for £7.50. For an idea of size, here's a pic from the site:

DSC01113.jpg

I've not got those however - the ones I bought from 'Clean Your Car' are still going strong after 18 months. They wash amazingly and two dry towels that size is plenty to dry a whole Focus.

Right, time to buy my wax, I'm going for just the purple haze pro. Now bearing in mind my car is about 2 months old now, do I need to wax it, or do I just need to use the Lime Prime and also do I need the lite one or the normal one? How do you apply the lime prime?

I'm a bit confused as reading these threads, one person says to clay but you don'y need to lime prime and the other thread say's the opposite?

And what do I need to put the wax on and off?

And what's the best wax to use?

firstly purple haze pro is a good choice.

secondly get some lime prime lite instead of just lime prime.

to apply the lime prime lite you could do with a foam applicator and apply a thin layer to one panel at a time then buff off, don't wait for it to haze as its then tough work buffing it off.

you either use your hands or another foam applicator to apply the wax, again a thin layer but i normally do half the car at a time then allow to haze, buff off and then rebuff an hour or so later.

i would get some clay as you will probs need it by the end of the winter no point in using it now though really.

2/3 layers of wax and you shud be sorted, plus a detailing spray to up it up every couple of weeks

firstly purple haze pro is a good choice.

secondly get some lime prime lite instead of just lime prime.

to apply the lime prime lite you could do with a foam applicator and apply a thin layer to one panel at a time then buff off, don't wait for it to haze as its then tough work buffing it off.

you either use your hands or another foam applicator to apply the wax, again a thin layer but i normally do half the car at a time then allow to haze, buff off and then rebuff an hour or so later.

i would get some clay as you will probs need it by the end of the winter no point in using it now though really.

2/3 layers of wax and you shud be sorted, plus a detailing spray to up it up every couple of weeks

Thanks mate, so I'll get some wax in Jan/ Feb time. Do I just need a microfibre to buff off the prime lite? I've had no chance to wash it lately as all the weather has done is blow a gail and rain!!!! But I've got a 3 day weekend so hope to do it then.

get some normal microfibres for your lime prime and some ultra plush ones for your wax.

have a look on I4D theres plenty on there

has anyone got the dodo captain crevice mitt for their alloys?? sounds great lol

Right. I got my stuff but forgot my tar removal. I'm going to buy another towel as well and probably some microfibres, do I just need normal ones to remove my aquawax? It says you just spray it on and buff off or do I need the ultra plush ones?

Also is this any good:

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Vale...er_500ml_1.html

I'm not sure n that Tardis as it seems very strong, I'd maybe rather use a consumer product. And do you just spray it on then rub or wash it off?

As Xmas is fast approaching i have asked Santa for an electric polisher B)

Question is,

which is best for a beginner?

Meguiar's G220 or a Porter-Cable :) (I think the boys over on detailing World gave the Kestrel good reviews too, check out the DW forum for advice http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/)

If you're not getting either of those, just make sure Santa knows to get you an ORBITAL polisher, not a ROTARY one (these need more skill and experience to use ;))

And don;t bother wasting money on a cheap one from Halfords or anywhere. Get a decent one, first as last :)

as long as u dilute tardis its the best thing to use. as long as you don't use it on a hot day then ul be fine with using it.

only leave it on there about 30sec - 1min and ul be fine with it. will last forever aswell

also dnt get the megs g220 far over priced and u can get the kestral much cheaper and it is pretty much the same. :lol:

also dnt get the megs g220 far over priced and u can get the kestral much cheaper and it is pretty much the same. :lol:

lol I was editing my message to say about the Kestrel when you posted yours :P

thats a rotary polisher.

ideally you want to look for a DA polisher instead.

Can someone please pray that we get a rain free weekend. Literally the last 5 Sundays it's rained and my poor Fabio is looking SO unloved! It's making me sad to drive him now lol

*crosses fingers*

It's so annoying! According to the forecast Sunday is supposed to be dry... We'll see :(