Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

I am just sorting out my 1st proper car cleaning shopping list and this is what i have come up with (with a lot of help from here so far).

My car is brand new so i didn't think i would need any polish (or should i just get some, if so which is best?)

My list so far is-

1 - Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1L

2 - Poorboys Wheel Sealant

3 - Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel or I4D Tyre Gloss

4 - Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 500ml

5 - Dodo Juice Hard Candy Carnauba Hard Wax

6 - Duragloss Aquawax or Dodo Red Mist

7 - I4D Ultra Plush microfibre x3 & I4D microfibre 16"x16" Triple Pack (or any other anyone can suggest)

8 -Dodo Juice Supernatural microfibre Drying Towel or Smartwax Miracle Dryer Drying Towel.

Also do i need any pads etc to apply the polish or can i just use microfibre cloths?

Is it worth investing in some Exterior Plastic Cleaner/Restorer?

What is the easiest and best wash mitt?

I read on here there was a 15% discount code for clean your car but i couldn't find it, are there any other discount codes available?

I there anything i've missed...lol

Sorry i know this is a lot of questions but as i'm new to this i didn't want to waste a load of money on the wrong stuff and i value all your expertise and opinions.

Thanks

Danny

steal of the day at tesco 5 micro fibre cloths £2 plus wash mit, cloth, and micro fibre sponge thingy also £2

steal of the day at tesco 5 micro fibre cloths £2 plus wash mit, cloth, and micro fibre sponge thingy also £2

Saw that last night, and got myself a pack.... cracking value :D

Sounds a great deal, however, if i buy anything else i may have to move house to accomodate it :lol:

The more the better really. If it were me, it would be one of BV and two of PH.

Actually, I will get involved in the stripping wax debate - stripping wax with clay seems to me to be a hugely laborious task. My recipe for stripping back is a strong APC solution (around 4:1 usually) in the foam lance. Does the job beautifully.

Quick question

Why do you need to strip the wax from a car? I thought the wax added protection, or am i missing something?

Sounds a great deal, however, if i buy anything else i may have to move house to accomodate it :lol:

get a shed or a double garage then lol

Sorry guys another question.

As i am just starting my car cleaning kit is it worth buying both "dodo juice hard candy and FK1000p?

I was also going to get some Poorboys wheel sealent but after reading that it turned some alloys yellow and that FK1000p does just as good a job i have knocked that of my list.

Would hard candy protect my lovely 17" alloys (that way i could just buy 1 pot of wax)

I never thought car cleaning was so complicated as just when i finish my shopping list i hear of another product.

The definites on my list so far are-

1 - Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner

2 - I4D Tyre Gloss or Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel

3 - Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo

4 - Dodo Juice Hard Candy Carnauba Hard Wax or Finish kare 1000P (or both see above)

5 - Duragloss Aquawax 650ml

6 - Smartwax Miracle Dryer - Drying Towel

7 - I4D microfibre 16"x16" Triple Pack

8 - Meguiars microfibre wash mitt

9 - Autoglym Super Resin Polish

and then maybe (at a later date)

1 - Bilt Hamber Auto clay

2 - Dodo Lime Prime

3 - Tardis Tar remover

4 - Autoglym bumper care

5 - I4D Ultra Plush microfibre x3

Any additions or removals from my list needed?

right then, so i am just about to take delivery of my white zs, and i need to know what WAX is the best for it. the reason i say wax is that its having venture sheild put over the entire front end and the only product you can you on it is wax. this is what i am thinking of going for so far, please contribute you thoughts as to if i am going wrong somewhere

also am i best going for a lambs wool mit, microfibre mit, or just a decent sponge

just been on i4detailing and have this potential list

DJBM250 Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml £6.77

DJLPL250 Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime Lite' Cleanser Glaze 250ml £11.49

DJRM250 Dodo Juice Red Mist Spray Detailer 250ml £8.04

AGHDW Autoglym High Definition Wax £25.49

VPBIL1L Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1L £7.62

I4DMFU1 I4D Ultra Plush microfibre 16"x26" Triple PackVMFHBL16"x26"3 £9.35

I4DBLUEDRY I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36" £5.95

SH320CR9 Atomiza Chemical Resistant Spray Head £1.66

D20100 Meguiar's 'Generic' OSHA Bottle £1.69

X-3002EU Meguiar's Super Thick microfibre Wash Mitt £8.50

Ford Owners Club Discount -£6.49

Subtotal£80.07

VAT£14.02

Total£94.09

Hi all, I've bought a clay bar/detailer from Meguirs this week.

Im going to wash the ZS with Dodo Juice, dry it with the towel, clay bar it, coat of SRP, 2x coats of dodo juice purple haze then 1 coat of EGP.

BUT, I need to get bug and other things off the front of my car, whats best to use/method?

Also, with claying, when you look at the clay and its dirty, do you just fold/turn over for it to be clean again? what happens when you can find any 'clean' parts of the clay anymore?!

Also, any views on Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze?

Also my friend ha ssome poorbooys wheel sealent, worth using? and when I come to clean the wheels again in the future shall I still use bilberrys on them?

Reverse your wax and sealant sussex - EGP first then purple haze.

Regarding claying - yes, fold over and press out to expose a new clean area, when you're out of areas you a new piece of clay. Don't use the whole clay bar in one go, cut it down and use smaller pieces.

I have never used Black Hole or its white equivalent, but I'm always hearing excellent things about them on detailing World.

Bugs will shift with Sour Power or BTBM alone - there is no need to use another product. If necessary, make up a 1:10 shampoo solution in a spray bottle and spray that onto the bugs, leave for a few minutes and they'll shift easily. No bug/tar/bird poo/sap remover is wax safe, so if you have a well protected car then it's worth not using them.

right then, so i am just about to take delivery of my white zs, and i need to know what WAX is the best for it. the reason i say wax is that its having venture sheild put over the entire front end and the only product you can you on it is wax. this is what i am thinking of going for so far, please contribute you thoughts as to if i am going wrong somewhere

also am i best going for a lambs wool mit, microfibre mit, or just a decent sponge

just been on i4detailing and have this potential list

DJBM250 Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml £6.77

DJLPL250 Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime Lite' Cleanser Glaze 250ml £11.49

DJRM250 Dodo Juice Red Mist Spray Detailer 250ml £8.04

AGHDW Autoglym High Definition Wax £25.49

VPBIL1L Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1L £7.62

I4DMFU1 I4D Ultra Plush Microfibre 16"x26" Triple PackVMFHBL16"x26"3 £9.35

I4DBLUEDRY I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36" £5.95

SH320CR9 Atomiza Chemical Resistant Spray Head £1.66

D20100 Meguiar's 'Generic' OSHA Bottle £1.69

X-3002EU Meguiar's Super Thick Microfibre Wash Mitt £8.50

Ford Owners Club Discount -£6.49

Subtotal£80.07

VAT£14.02

Total£94.09

How much is venture shield FPM? I know lots of people swear by it and after 16,000 miles or so I'm showing plenty of chips on the car now :(

I would say your list is good, AG High Def is a good product as I've said many times. I just don't enjoy applying it much.

Don't bother with the Megs bottles, the I4D ones are identical and somewhat cheaper. I would suggest that you need more applicators and microfibres also...

Definitely go with a microfibre mitt, lambswool mitts can rot and a sponge is a no no unless it's a Zymol sponge.

Anyone tried this stuff?

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=PRI-BANANA-16

There is a review on an Alfa Romeo forum and people like it and the car used looked very smart after it

I have just ordered some of the stuff along with dodo lime prime and red mist.

Should arrive tomorrow and will give a good wash on Saturday (weather permitting)

Will let you know the results!

Thanks, be very interested to hear/see the results.

Just finished my mamoth detailing session.

Washed / dried / clayed / washed / dried / SRP / EGP / Dodo juice purple haze / 2x coats of poorboys on the alloys and tyre black stuff on the tyre walls.

PHEW!

Thanks, be very interested to hear/see the results.

Just finished my mamoth detailing session.

Washed / dried / clayed / washed / dried / SRP / EGP / Dodo juice purple haze / 2x coats of poorboys on the alloys and tyre black stuff on the tyre walls.

PHEW!

Sounds mega, how long did it take?

Also.......pics??? B)

How much is venture shield FPM? I know lots of people swear by it and after 16,000 miles or so I'm showing plenty of chips on the car now :(

well for full front end, which is bumper, fogs, h/lamps, wing mirror backs, first third of bonnet, first third of wings....£299 but im getting full bonnet, and top of the rear bumper done, aswell as door edges for £399

I finally did my first attempt at a car detail over the weekend on my wife's 3 year old C-Max (wash, dry, clay, wash, dry, SRP, FK1000p x2, FK425.

Just a few questions before i attempt one on my MK7 Fiesta.

1 - I couldn't shift the tar marks down the side of the car near the front wheel (even when claying), is this normal and should i use tar remover?

2 - When I used the FK1000p on the side windows and front and back painted plastic bumbers i was getting very strong electric shocks, this can't be normal can it?

3 - I used a i4D foam pad to SRP the car which was fine but when i applied the FK1000p on a new i4D foam pad a lot of the foam has disintegrated, is it ok to use just 1 pad for applying SRP and another for the wax/sealent, and are the reusable? if so whats the best way to clean them? (I also bought some I4D microfibre White Wax / Sealant Applicator pads but struggled a bit with them as the pad didn't seem to want to glide and put the sealant on.)

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Wax___Sealant_Applictor_Pad.html

Could this be with me being too heavy handed or not using the correct amount of sealent on the pad?

Well, my exams finished yesterday and I don't have any lessons this week, my mum is at work and I have the car! :D

So, this morning, I did a quick wash/mini detail and thought I might as well share the pics as it has come up rather well. A little light relief from the football for those who don't really care :D

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

I finally did my first attempt at a car detail over the weekend on my wife's 3 year old C-Max (wash, dry, clay, wash, dry, SRP, FK1000p x2, FK425.

Just a few questions before i attempt one on my MK7 Fiesta.

1 - I couldn't shift the tar marks down the side of the car near the front wheel (even when claying), is this normal and should i use tar remover?

2 - When I used the FK1000p on the side windows and front and back painted plastic bumbers i was getting very strong electric shocks, this can't be normal can it?

3 - I used a i4D foam pad to SRP the car which was fine but when i applied the FK1000p on a new i4D foam pad a lot of the foam has disintegrated, is it ok to use just 1 pad for applying SRP and another for the wax/sealent, and are the reusable? if so whats the best way to clean them? (I also bought some I4D Microfibre White Wax / Sealant Applicator pads but struggled a bit with them as the pad didn't seem to want to glide and put the sealant on.)

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Wax___Sealant_Applictor_Pad.html

Could this be with me being too heavy handed or not using the correct amount of sealent on the pad?

1) For me - it would be a more aggressive clay than tar remover - I loathe the stuff.

2) Random, no idea what's caused that.

3) My advice is to use foam pads for solids/pastes and cotton pads for liquids (such as SRP). The foam pads are reusable - clean them in very hot water with fairy liquid. Wash cotton pads in the machine at 40 degrees with normal detergent and no fabric softner.

2. What were you wearing? I'm not a perv (ha!), but certain clothing will make it an issue if you are not grounding yourself. What container was the FK1000P in? I wouldn't worry too much.

Just tried a coat of Ioncoat Naviwax (Dark) on my recently clayed black ZS.

WOW - What a wax, goes on easily, buff off almost straight away and the paint work looks stunning. Havent tried beading etc yet though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club