Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

On the topic of glass cleaning.

Every time I clean my windscreen with Megs glass cleaner it always fails to remove the run of the wipers (I always see the area the wipers cover)

Any solutions?

Good question - I have that problem also

Which Megs glass cleaner? The one that comes made up is pretty poor really - the concentrated glass cleaner on the other hand (that comes in 1 gallon bottles) is a totally different beast and will shift the wiper run with ease.

Alternatively, white vingear and water 50/50 mix and dry with newspaper.

On the topic of glass cleaning.

Every time I clean my windscreen with Megs glass cleaner it always fails to remove the run of the wipers (I always see the area the wipers cover)

Any solutions?

I think that this is caused by scratches. When you're driving in the rain the car in front will kick up water and sand and the like which then hits your windscreen and gets rubbed over it by your wipers. On much older cars you can really see it clearly

Which Megs glass cleaner? The one that comes made up is pretty poor really - the concentrated glass cleaner on the other hand (that comes in 1 gallon bottles) is a totally different beast and will shift the wiper run with ease.

Alternatively, white vingear and water 50/50 mix and dry with newspaper.

Its the one that is already made up.

Ill need to get myself some of the concentrated one to add to my ever expanding collection when I get some money.

anyone that wants some glass cleaner/sealent this winter head over to monza car care and look at nanolex urban glass.

amazing stuff and worth the expensive.

also i use a trolly jack when doing my wheels. i only do one at a time then put more layers of sealant on once they are back on the car.

anyone that wants some glass cleaner/sealent this winter head over to monza car care and look at nanolex urban glass.

amazing stuff and worth the expensive.

also i use a trolly jack when doing my wheels. i only do one at a time then put more layers of sealant on once they are back on the car.

Im not Greeny :lol:, but here is what I do.

I used the emergency jack and done one wheel at a time, when this wheel was removed i placed a steel wheel on incase the jack failed while i was cleaning (this purely just because of horror stories ive heard about the emergency jack failing :lol:). So yes if possible i would prob use a trolley jack.

Cheers Greeny, Gaz

tried out my bilberry today, i watered it down and used a spray bottle, when the biberry comes out it was spraying in clumps not in a mist?? bit frothy? proberly need a different bottle sprayer

i have an foam megs sprayer bottle which works perfectly.

can get them on I4D again.

Woohoo! We have sun people! i finally get to wash Fabio! Yaaaaayyy! :D:D:D:D

After a shocking November for weather I washed my MK7 with dodo juice sour power yesterday, dried it with a dodo juice towel took it into the garage and gave her 2 coats of purple haze dodo juice wax, taken her out of the garafe this morning into the winter sun and WOW WOW WOW!

Woohoo! We have sun people! i finally get to wash Fabio! Yaaaaayyy! :D:D:D:D

Woooo!! Great news Flic... Enjoy :D

no such luck here, my black mk7 now looks like a sea grey lol

Done a really quick jobby on him. AG HD wax is wicked, sooo shiny!! And silky smooth :) It kept clouding over and threatening rain so I probably could have left it on a bit longer, but I didn't want to risk it raining on me with wax still on the car. At least it's got one nice coat on it. Very pleased! Inside was so muddy too as I had 3 people on the back with muddy shoes on on Friday :( not impressed with the mess 2 of the girls left behind... ignorant whatsits! I'm going to check tyres pressures now as I've only done it once since I've had the car, whoops! But I'm so pleased I FINALLY got to wash him! Yaayy! :D :D :D

!Removed! passengers!! im yet to offer any lifts in mine lol

I know, I hate having passengers!! I warned 2 of the girls I had to take in the car, but the other 2 I don't work with so I felt bad saying "You get mud in my car, I kill you!" :lol: But the girl in the middle put her feet on the actual car carpet (the raised up bit in the middle, if you get me) and not the mats :o I almost cried when I saw the amount of mud! Luckily it's all come out and Fabio looks pristine again :)

Help please?

I managed to wash the car yesterday, got it prepped all over with lime prime lite, I then got half the car covered on one coat of purple haze pro and whilst I was buffing that off it rained so had to stop, and today it's raining showers although I'm ill today anyway. I am so flipping peeved at this utterly crap weather ggrrrr.

Anyway what can I do now? I have tomorrow off work so if I'm feeling up to it will carry on as I haven't driven the car anywhere but do I now have to wash it yet again, put lime prime back on the half yet to be waxed and then carry on waxing or what??

Help please?

I managed to wash the car yesterday, got it prepped all over with lime prime lite, I then got half the car covered on one coat of purple haze pro and whilst I was buffing that off it rained so had to stop, and today it's raining showers although I'm ill today anyway. I am so flipping peeved at this utterly crap weather ggrrrr.

Anyway what can I do now? I have tomorrow off work so if I'm feeling up to it will carry on as I haven't driven the car anywhere but do I now have to wash it yet again, put lime prime back on the half yet to be waxed and then carry on waxing or what??

If it were me I'd strip it back and start again - the last thing you want to do is seal in/wax over contamination.

Strip - wash - prime - wax

Go ooooon, you'll enjoy it. The only downside is the wasted product from your first effort.

If it were me I'd strip it back and start again - the last thing you want to do is seal in/wax over contamination.

Strip - wash - prime - wax

Go ooooon, you'll enjoy it. The only downside is the wasted product from your first effort.

Hmm, I had a feeling you were going to say that!! When I did the lime prime I noticed that I have a fair few black spots on the car, I tried the tardis stuff on the front bumper but couldn't get it to work very well? I'm guessing I need to clay the car?

And what shampoo will I need to use now as the Dodo juice one won't strip the wax off will it?

Hmm, I had a feeling you were going to say that!! When I did the lime prime I noticed that I have a fair few black spots on the car, I tried the tardis stuff on the front bumper but couldn't get it to work very well? I'm guessing I need to clay the car?

And what shampoo will I need to use now as the Dodo juice one won't strip the wax off will it?

If you don't have an all purpose cleaner - such as Megs' - then your best bet is - shock horror - Fairy Liquid. Just make sure you thoroughly rinse your buckets afterwards and get it all out of your wash mitts.

Claying will remove tar, but tardis is great stuff and I'm susprised it's not shifting it - could the spots be stone chips?

13564_198064582203_500237203_3658801_7968342_n.jpg

shiny shiny :)

Nice work Flic, looks like a good thin layer.

had an hours lull in rain so i popped out and washed it, just a quick wash, used some dodo juice born to be mild, filled a bucket up, dipped in the wookies fist and watched the water dissapear :lol:

just finished cleaning off the car when the rain returned so at leat the dirt has gone

Thanks Dan :D What do I do next time I wash it? Just wash or wash it and more wax? :blink: I have a feeling this is going to get more expensive.

My Dad came in from work and was so impressed he wants to use the wax too! I said I'd do it for him, I don't trust him not to use loads.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club