1081 replies to this topic

#301 MarkyR

MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

It's so annoying! According to the forecast Sunday is supposed to be dry... We'll see :(

Me too, I work a varying shift pattern and EVERY single day I've had off it's been blowing a gale or chucking it down or both!!! Not the best for a white car, it looks so filthy!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#302 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

as long as u dilute tardis its the best thing to use. as long as you don't use it on a hot day then ul be fine with using it.

only leave it on there about 30sec - 1min and ul be fine with it. will last forever aswell

Right, I brought the stuff in it's huge can LOL. What ratio do i use for it? I guess I mix it with water? I better have some tar now!!

#303 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

Right, I brought the stuff in it's huge can LOL. What ratio do i use for it? I guess I mix it with water? I better have some tar now!!

The only time you want to find tar spots they'll be non-existent :lol:

#304 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yeap, I'll not find one tar spit hahaha. Do I de tar the car before or after I wash it?

#305 greenymk7

greenymk7

Area Rep: Midlands (Detailing Guru)

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S TDCI

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

i foam the car
wash
clay (if i notice any tar spots i then de tar)
wash again
lime prime
wax
wax
wax
wax

:lol:

#306 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S - Black
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

I have used this seller on ebay for a lot of things recently
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/allwoods_tt/
and this is his site www.allwoods-automotive.co.uk
absolutly superb service, prices are spot on and postage was free, just had a few dodo bits and bobs delivered, now all i need is a car lol

#307 Flic

Flic

Area Rep: Southeast 2 (Chrome Hater)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Zetec-S
Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

A few of you (Meaning just Dan! lol) will be super pleased to hear I finally bought some Auto Glym HD wax today to pamper Fabio with! My Dad can't believe how much I spent and my Mother thought it was leg wax... Ahem. Anyways, can't wait to use it! I'll be posting pics and a very amateur review :lol: If anyone was unsure of what the weather will be like tomorrow, I can assure you all that it WILL be raining because I want to wash my car, AGAIN! :(

#308 aph1101

aph1101

Local Rep: Cambridgeshire and Rutland

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6TDCi Fiesta Titanium

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

Just checked the weather forecast for my area, Flic, and it is going to absolutely chuck it down all day. Brilliant! :(
That will make it 4 weekends in a row where I can't wash it :angry:

#309 Flic

Flic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

My forecast is much the same too, Alex :( Looks like I'll be driving my Mother to Matalan instead... Ohhhh the joys. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th weekend now!

#310 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Lame excuses all round - it's been dry today, Frosty has been tucked up in the garage with his bumper fixed and his first ever coat of sealant on rather than wax. Two more coats tomorrow, and a topping of Purple Haze - good until February I should think.

Flic - AG HD will serve you well, it's a good product. :D

#311 Flic

Flic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

It's not a lame excuse! I HAD to go shopping today because I was running out of time to take back 52 pounds of clothes that I didn't want. I had until Monday or I'd have run out of my 30 days! AND I don't have a garage, well, I do but it's full of stuff like bikes and lawn mowers. AND... My dog ate my homework, Sir :(

;)

#312 aph1101

aph1101

Local Rep: Cambridgeshire and Rutland

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6TDCi Fiesta Titanium

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, it has been dry here today aswell, but I've been at !Removed! school all day - from 0800 to 1630 :( :( Not cool. I would much rather have been out cleaning the car all day :)

#313 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

It's not a lame excuse! I HAD to go shopping today because I was running out of time to take back 52 pounds of clothes that I didn't want. I had until Monday or I'd have run out of my 30 days! AND I don't have a garage, well, I do but it's full of stuff like bikes and lawn mowers. AND... My dog ate my homework, Sir :(

;)

Detention I think...

:lol: ;)

#314 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

I have one thing to say aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I have now collected about 200 of cleaning products on your brilliant advice on here, I had yesterday off, today and tomorrow, would have been a good time to wash and wax.
But I can't, my mum went to visit my sisters for the weekend and took her car key's with her!!! Without moving her car I that's parked next to mine I don't have the space to wash and wax grrrr LOL.
I have next friday and Saturday off though so will just be praying the weathers good PLEEEAASSEEEE??

I do have one question, how long do you put the prime lite on for before buffing it off? Can you do large panels at a time with it? And also this tardis stuff, am I right in saying you just use it undiluted?

#315 greenymk7

greenymk7

Area Rep: Midlands (Detailing Guru)

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S TDCI

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Dan i would just use your aqua wax over the top of 3 coats of FK

your purple haze wont really add much to it and cud just be a waste. personally id save it will better weather again next year.

by 2 coats of FK are still going strong but im pretty sure my wax layer that i put on has pretty much gone. i just give it a wash now and use CG detailing spray and its perfect.

marky as long as its a cool day (which it will be at the time of year) you can do large panels, in the summer wen its hot i do have a panel at a time so it doesnt dry on, buff off as soon as you have covered the whole panel.

tardis i have a bottle that is undiluted for any major tar, put this onto a cloth and give it a gentle rub, and i have a small spray bottle that is diluted which i sumtimes use on my wheels when i take them off the car.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users