Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Kestrel + Lime Prime/Lime Prime Lite = goodness. Get some decent pads and you're laughing to be honest - very difficult to get it wrong, unless you don't prepare the paintwork correctly with a damned good clay bar etc. Father and mother's cars have now had a number of hideous scratches polished out beautifully.

Excellent. I may consider getting one in a few months to bring the paint back new. Car is only 8 months old so I dont want to start polishing off layers of lacquer yet. Once a year is maybe about the maximum I would consider.

Excellent. I may consider getting one in a few months to bring the paint back new. Car is only 8 months old so I dont want to start polishing off layers of lacquer yet. Once a year is maybe about the maximum I would consider.

Swirls already? Nuts. Once a year is all you would need. DA polishers are very forgiving if you pay attention to what you are doing. Pretty easy to get it right and not take too much off the painwork at all.

Make a few quid/favours on the side polishing for friends and family too :)

I have a few questions.

I managed to get outside yesterday, lime prime the car and give one coat of wax that I borrowed from a friend,NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.

I used a sponge to apply it and a microfibre to buff it.

What can I use besides a sponge to apply?

Can the microfibre cloth be washed?

Do I need to give it another layer of wax? If so is it just a wash and wax?

When do I need to remove the wax and how do I do that?

Thanks

I have a few questions.

I managed to get outside yesterday, lime prime the car and give one coat of wax that I borrowed from a friend,NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.

I used a sponge to apply it and a microfibre to buff it.

What can I use besides a sponge to apply? I use a sponge application pad which can be bought online or Halfords

Can the microfibre cloth be washed? Yes it can, don't put any fabric softener in though

Do I need to give it another layer of wax? If so is it just a wash and wax? Ideally you want to put a couple of layers of wax on with no wash in between, i would leave it till the spring to do that now

When do I need to remove the wax and how do I do that? Lime Prime will remove any previous wax or you can get a pre wash like megs APC or surfex HD

Thanks

Has anyone had any experience with a Dodo Juice Soft Touch Drying Towel?

yes it is very good but not as good as the supernatural or the chemical guys towel, it is also a bit smaller

Thanks Greeny. I'll leave it a couple of months and start again. I was at it for over 4 hours yesterday (Oh Err)and didn't even get to the wheels or inside of it.

Thanks Greeny,

Placed this order today along with a few things to try.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Finger Mitt Wax Applicator

Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur microfibre Buffing Cloth

Stuff arrived today :D

Is it correct that i should give the towels a quick hand wash with Woolite or such to remove loose fibres before i use?

I never have Gaz - and I've never had a Dodo MF or drying towel drop anything on the car. As little washing as possible I would say.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the wheels all cleaned and sealed yesterday, took a picture of the resulting beading today along with a few sneaky bits of crap :lol:

Photo028.jpg

Wow! They look amazing! Never really understood why people took their wheels off and cleaned them, now I know.

hi

wheels look great what product did you use please regards paul

Pouly

I removed wheels from car.

I cleaned wheels with Bilberrys diluted 5 parts water to 1 part product.

Rinsed off the cleaner and noticed a few tar spots.

Attempted to remove these with clay.

The tar that refused to move with clay was tackled with Tardis. (Wheels had been dried at this point for Tardis to have full affect)

Wheels were rinsed to remove all Tardis and then dried.

Applied a think layer of Poorboys Wheel Sealant and left to cure for 20-30 minutes.

Buffed off and repated for another layer.

Before i placed wheels back on i put a few thin layers of endurance tyre gel.

Pouly

I removed wheels from car.

I cleaned wheels with Bilberrys diluted 5 parts water to 1 part product.

Rinsed off the cleaner and noticed a few tar spots.

Attempted to remove these with clay.

The tar that refused to move with clay was tackled with Tardis. (Wheels had been dried at this point for Tardis to have full affect)

Wheels were rinsed to remove all Tardis and then dried.

Applied a think layer of Poorboys Wheel Sealant and left to cure for 20-30 minutes.

Buffed off and repated for another layer.

Before i placed wheels back on i put a few thin layers of endurance tyre gel.

cheers

will order stuff and hopefully a job to be done weekend cheers paul

anyone know where I can get my hands on a ZS rear spoiler?

Best place to source one would probably be eBay or scrapyards dealing in newer cars, although that will probably take a long time to find.

Failing that, bite the bullet and go to Ford. you'll pay a premium but you know you'll be getting the exact thing you want

One for dan gull maybe, ive been using aquawax and its about to finish, fancy a change , try something different but simular, whats dodo juice red mist like? better? i know you couldnt use it but is it ok?

Hi Ade - give this a go...

Serious Performance QD

I prefer Aquawax, but this is a close second if you fancy a change.

Red Mist is very good - as you know I can't use it myself - many swear by it including greenymk7, for me it just doesn't seem to lay down a 'layer' of something as such - unlike other detailing sprays.

Actually - Serious Performance have gone a step further and produced this which I've only just now seen...

Spray Wax

All of the products I've used to date from them are great, so I will definitely be trying this one.

I tried Red Mist for the first time a couple of weeks ago, absolutely brilliant stuff

Indeed you did Mike - to be totally accurate you tried MY Red Mist a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

Ok, DANS red mist was good!! I still have another coat in the bottle Dan, lasting me well! I may use it for Sunday morning...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club