Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

spent a good few hours this morning cleaning the car, using tips and products suggested here of course, new products used for the first time were, dodo juice need for speed and dodo juice tropical red mist, both produced great results, also got some megs endurance tyre gel.

I wont post pics as its not a fezza

hi

got some bilbery wheel cleaner and want to make it up in the handi-bottle sprayer , i would like to try 1:5 dilution , would this mean i put 5 parts water and 1 part bilbery into the bottle or would that be to strong?

thanks

May get dodo juice need for speed soon but should i make sure i remove any old protection i may have such as supar gard ?

if so whats the best to remove old protection?

*i should add ive had my car with the supargard protection for nearly 15 months ,in that time ive only shampoo'ed my car ,never waxed it yet?

so do you think its safe to wash my car with say dodo juice born to be mild and then wax over the supargard with say dodo juice purple haze wax , as theres proberly no supargard protection anyway?

thanks

basically this is what im thinking of doing

wash car

wax (dodo juice purple haze)

spray sealent (dodo red mist)

by the way are microfibre cloths fine for applying waxes?

I think the Megs will do me, that's the one I was trying to remember haha. Hmm, after what I said maybe I could use the clay, is the Sonus good enough to rub the wax off?

Also how much of my wax per coat should I use to keep it going through winter as the next 3 months it will be December.

Anyone?? :)

I use it on a tarmac drive and it doesn't leave any staining. If you just put water on the foam residue on the ground, it goes right away. I would imagine you'll be fine on a block pave drive.

Great, time to start saving up :lol:

Anyone?? :)

Not sure on the Sonus Green, never tried it. But it should do the job nicely.

Regarding the wax. You want to put on AS LITTLE as possible when applying, then 24 hours later do the same again. There is no way really to make the wax last longer as the 2 layers only really fill in the gaps rather than build on top. You should consider a sealant to last over the winter.

Hmm, I could clay the car again, might try something better then the Sonus? Any recommendations? I could just use the Dodo born to be mild to pre wash, then clay, then wash and then wax etc. As far as I know the Dodo wax I use has a sealant in it?

hi

i washed my car the other day with my new products dodo juice born to be mild and a microfibre drying towel very pleased with the towel , so much better than a shammy. Anyway im after a good mark remover that gets rid of stuff like tar ?

Ive got some tar marks on the wheel arch'es that im finding difficult to remove , can anyone recommend a tryed and tested cleaner for this sort of thing?

thanks

Best bet for tar marks is a product called Tardis.

You will need a chemical resistant sprayer for it and also you should never leave it on the car for long as its very strong.

Best bet for tar marks is a product called Tardis.

You will need a chemical resistant sprayer for it and also you should never leave it on the car for long as its very strong.

is there anything thats just straight out of a tub like a cream? cant keep affording all these little extra bits like sprayers as im a tight git ;)

There are plenty that say they will get rid of tar that are pre mixed but i havent found any that actually work.

A bottle of tardis will last you well over 2/3 years so its fairly cost efficient.

There are plenty that say they will get rid of tar that are pre mixed but i havent found any that actually work.

A bottle of tardis will last you well over 2/3 years so its fairly cost efficient.

ok will look into it , thanks

After the wash, need for speed and tropical mist on sunday the rain came this week, heres a pic of the beads

P1010805.jpg

Just a heads up to a bargain.

Been to my local ASDA and they are doing microfibre noodle mits at £2 each and 6 packs of microfibre clothes at £2 each. The also have tyre slick, dash wipes, demon shine and other assorted car stuff for £2

Can anyone point me to where I can buy some FK1000p. I have hunted with google and only found "clean your car" and "serious performance" but its out of stock at both

Cheers

ive heard a product called RAIN X mentioned before somewhere, what is this and is it any good

Off the top of my head, it is something which you put on your windsreen and it supposedly repels water from the screen when it rains. My dad used it a couple of years ago and thought it was terrible... it just smeared all over the screen when it rained and meant you couldn't see anyting.

Off the top of my head, it is something which you put on your windsreen and it supposedly repels water from the screen when it rains. My dad used it a couple of years ago and thought it was terrible... it just smeared all over the screen when it rained and meant you couldn't see anyting.

thanks i wont bother with it then

Thats my experience of it too

Can anyone point me to where I can buy some FK1000p. I have hunted with google and only found "clean your car" and "serious performance" but its out of stock at both

Cheers

Sorry, I think I may have stole the last lot from CYC ;) :lol:

Give some Collinite 476 a bash, see how you get on :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-no-476s-super-doublecoat-auto-wax/prod_207.html

Rain X is brilliant - if it's applied properly. It needs VERY thin layers as with any sealant or wax, or it won't bond and will smear all over the place. This means a little goes a long, long, long way.

Right after much thought and puzzling (and not being able to buy FK1000p as some fu**er bought the last tub, mentioning no names post 922 :P ) here is my shopping list. Thoughts, comments suggestions welcome

Dodo Juice Sour Power Shampoo

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (open to suggestions on this as this is the bit I am struggling to pick)

Autoglym Fast Glass

Bilberry Wheel Cleaner

Demon Shine (cheap from ASDA) as a quick coating after weekly washes

Carplan Tyre slick (cheap from ASDA)

I4D uber blue drying towel

Various microfibre mitts & clothes (again cheap from ASDA)

Once again thanks for all the help and no I don’t work at ASDA

ps this was a lot easier in teh days of a bucket, sponge and fairy liquid

I would say you should think about getting a better detailing spray to top up any wax or sealent layers u have on he car.

Have a look at dodo juice tropical red mist, chemical guys or zaino. These will add the protection you need after weekly washes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club