Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

I gave my car a clean and a second coat of wax this weekend and the weather turns almost immediately. Great! I've been impressed with the Dodo Juice wax I bought; its a bit harder to put on than Poor Boys Natty Paste that I usually use, but it seems to last longer and the paint work feels really really smooth. Hopefully it will see me through for a while until it needs doing again.

My paint has a fair few swirl marks in it, but I'm not surprised given the way it looked like it had been cleaned when I took delivery. Luckily, on a white car it doesn't really show up.

Keith what BM have you got? The paint on my E46 was pretty tough. There seem to be a few issues with the paint on the E9x's though. On Pistonheads there are a few people who have refused new M3's because of the orange peel effect on so much paint. Which isn't great on a £50k car. I seem to recall BM blaming it on the change to more eco friendly paint.

The paint on my Fiesta is ok, no orange peel but it does seem a bit thin in places like the corners of the spoiler and around the sills. It's a bit poor considering how much Ford think its ok to charge for the car these days. Don't get me wrong, I really like the car but I struggle to equate the quality with the price tag.

I gave my car a clean and a second coat of wax this weekend and the weather turns almost immediately. Great! I've been impressed with the Dodo Juice wax I bought; its a bit harder to put on than Poor Boys Natty Paste that I usually use, but it seems to last longer and the paint work feels really really smooth. Hopefully it will see me through for a while until it needs doing again.

My paint has a fair few swirl marks in it, but I'm not surprised given the way it looked like it had been cleaned when I took delivery. Luckily, on a white car it doesn't really show up.

Keith what BM have you got? The paint on my E46 was pretty tough. There seem to be a few issues with the paint on the E9x's though. On Pistonheads there are a few people who have refused new M3's because of the orange peel effect on so much paint. Which isn't great on a £50k car. I seem to recall BM blaming it on the change to more eco friendly paint.

The paint on my Fiesta is ok, no orange peel but it does seem a bit thin in places like the corners of the spoiler and around the sills. It's a bit poor considering how much Ford think its ok to charge for the car these days. Don't get me wrong, I really like the car but I struggle to equate the quality with the price tag.

I have an E46 M3. The paint is tough as teak and flat and is in better nick, well was till last weekend, than the Fiesta's. I've read lot's of stories on the E90 series about orange peel and people who have gone to the length of having the whole car flatted to get rid of it. I think the eoc friendly paint has a lot to do with it these days, another thing the !Removed! tree huggers have ruined for us. ;)

I know what you mean about the Fiesta's paint regarding being thin. Just a light blow on the engine bay etc, it should be painted properly, as should underneath the bonnet and rear hatch shuts, but I suppose that's robots and time and motion for you.

I think the E46 and E39's were the last proper BM's, when they still felt built by engineers, not accountants! They are also two of the best looking cars they ever made in my eyes (especially the M versions).

The paint on my fiesta is a bit disappointing in places and I think the white makes it worse. Especially for the price. I do really like the car, as I said before I just can't equate the actual car to the price.

My car seems to have stayed quite clean today despite the spray. The Dodo Juice seems to be a pretty damn good wax.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys

Had my fiesta just over a year and I have some/ lots of white marks left by the polish I've used on the plastic trim do you have any advice for getting it off?

Cheers Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 8 months later...

I use Meg's NXT Gen glass cleaner and when I went to replace Halfords only had AG Fast Glass. I bought this, tried it, and swiftly moved it into the reject pile. Its cheaper for a reason IMO

AG Car Glass Polish however, is a very good product smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions for you dertiling guys! Since I took delivery of my car in November, I noticed swirls straight away. Not surprised after I saw the state of the cloths the valeters use!

Anyway, when it comes to drying I know people use different techniques. But what is the most effective way of drying whilst minimising the risk of swirling? I really don't want my paint work to get anymore and I'm trying hard to keep swirling to a minimum.

I currently use the two bucket wash with grit guards. Lambs wool wash mitt and a Meguiars and auto glym drying towel.

Secondly, I've started using a snow foam lance on my Karcher. I currently use Meguiars next gen pre-wash. I don't really find it clings well on the car though and I've tried varying amounts. So my question is what is the best snow foam for clinging and removing dirt?

Lastly, what is the best shampoo to use? I know it all comes down to personal preference but I'm using Meguiars ultimate wash and wax but don't find it makes many suds.

If anyone has any good input on any of these questions I'd really appreciate it!! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 4 months later...

I have a drying aid lyk demon shine when drying my car. Using a good drying towel. Autobrite reaper and auto finesse aqua deluxe are great drying towels.

Also u need snow foam for ur snow lance. Normal shampoo won't foam up and clip to the car well. Try bilt hamber auto foam. Or krystal kleen detail blizzard snow foam. Also heard angelwax snow foam and autobrite magnifoam are good.

Shampoo Meguiars is great try gold class. Put some in ur bucket and fill using pressure washer to get the suds going

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club