Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Exhuast Bracket

kampftrinker

Hi,

I've got a 07 plate 1.6 petrol Ford Focus, I've got a knocking from the exhaust and it looks like a bracket has broken at the weld.

The bracked is located right near the front crossmember (this looks like it can be unbolted). If anyone know which one I mean could you tell me if the bracked is welded to the crossmember or the body work.

Thanks

Mick

mine came loose and i asked my local garage to try and weld it back on......which they did, only charged me a tenner. Gona need a new exhausted and bracket very soon anyway....still got original exhaust, cars done nearly 150k

Hi,

thanks for the reply, was the bracket welded to the crossmember?

Mick

did a quick bit of google'ing ......cant find diagram for mk2. Mine had come loose right at the rear of the car....bracket was still in place (attached to body work) but the exhaust had come away from the bracket so the garage just welded it back....said they didnt expect it to last very long..but that was back at the start of the year, so its doing ok. Im sure someone on here will be able to answer your question, sorry i cant be of more help