Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mini no more

TJ-MK.J

We have just sold our Mini and it is greatly missed it was a gret little car and over two and a half years of ownership I can say I never ever got bored or fed up with it, it was cleaned regularly and garaged every night , when the new owner drove up the road there was a tear in my eye (and quite a few running down the wifes face) Well the mini was to small for us and after many weeks trying cars out we brought a fiesta. What I liked about the mini was the fact it seemed to be a car that was different to othe minis but the same if you know what I mean and after a few weeks on here I think the fiesta is a very simalar car. People seem to make it personal to them and that seems to make it different to all the rest, and lets face in a few years time there is going to be thousands of mk7 fiestas about. We got a grand more private than the dealer offerd so we let the mini go early , now we are car-less.

Think the meet is a good idea, it will be like a massive fiesta showroom, and good to put a face to all the names. anyway thanks for all the advice and I look forward to putting pics of my car up when it finally arrives

There seems to be a few of us that had Mini's before our new Fiesta's :lol:

I totally get what you mean about the Mini, missed mine so much, and my Ford dealer sold it to someone locally a few days after I part-ex'd it and I still see it around sometimes. It wasn't a car but more like a pet or a friend, sounds crazy but only people who have owned the new Mini will understand our love of them :P

I'm only recently starting to love my Fiesta as much as I did my Mini, and I've had my Fiesta 9 months :)

Here's a picture of my Mini, I know this is a Ford forum but I really don't care :P

What was the spec etc of yours, any pics?

Congrats on the Fiesta by the way :)

2anfx2.jpg

That mini looks great. :)

I still fancy my fiesta. She's gorgeous ;) :lol:

I bet you've noticed a bit of a performance drop in the fiesta from the cooper S eh? What's the 0-60 on the cooper S? About 7secs?

I bet you've noticed a bit of a performance drop in the fiesta from the cooper S eh? What's the 0-60 on the cooper S? About 7secs?

It's not a cooper s tho!

Well my Mini was a completely standard Mini One when I got it, and I made it look like a Cooper S Works (except the bonnet lol)

And the Fiesta is a lot quicker than the Mini, the Mini had 90bhp and a 0-60 time of 10.9 whereas the Fiesta is 120bhp with 9.9 0-60, but the Fiesta is alot more responsive than the Mini.

Heres a picture of how my Mini looked when I first got it, for comparison purposes :lol:

21jb1qc.jpg

It's not a cooper s tho!

Am I right in thinking you had a Mini before your Fiesta too Paul?

Congrats on the Fiesta, the colour looks stunning, I miss owning a bright coloured car :P

The car before this wasa Smart For Two but before that it was a chipped and body kitted MINI One Convertible in Hot Orange (called Tango) and he was stunning . . . and now Goblin is following the trend for AWESOME cars! ;-)

Well my Mini was a completely standard Mini One when I got it, and I made it look like a Cooper S Works (except the bonnet lol)

And the Fiesta is a lot quicker than the Mini, the Mini had 90bhp and a 0-60 time of 10.9 whereas the Fiesta is 120bhp with 9.9 0-60, but the Fiesta is alot more responsive than the Mini.

Heres a picture of how my Mini looked when I first got it, for comparison purposes :lol:

Haha, you had me fooled there!! You did a really good job of it :) Now you mention it, I can just about tell it's not a Cooper S, the bonnet gives it away. Did you put the twin tailpipes on it?

Haha, you had me fooled there!! You did a really good job of it :) Now you mention it, I can just about tell it's not a Cooper S, the bonnet gives it away. Did you put the twin tailpipes on it?

Haha from the back you can't tell really, yeah did have an aftermarket exhaust fitted, with twin centre pipes, see..

29wrh3p.jpg

Haha from the back you can't tell really, yeah did have an aftermarket exhaust fitted, with twin centre pipes, see..

29wrh3p.jpg

now that is one beautiful car - im in love, but there again I fall in love easily lol

now that is one beautiful car - im in love, but there again I fall in love easily lol

Thats what I mean about the mini each one was special and a little diferent to all the others on the road, and when you saw another one you felt like you was in this special sort of mini cult thing that only mini drivers knew about, the mini will be a hard act to follow but given time ime sure the fiesta will get there. We had a 1.6 cooper all stripe-ed up with nice wheels, must admit though the ride was very very hard due to run flats and sport sus, ime looking forward to a softer ride in the fiesta!

I will work out how to get some pics up soon.

Also used to own a mini! had full aero kit and split rim web spoke alloys amongst other things... last pictures before i sold it

6528_98383178647_514258647_1901483_2293265_n.jpg

6528_98383188647_514258647_1901484_3482341_n.jpg

had 3 minis in total! but got a mk7 fiesta with loads of kit instead!

the people who live over the road from me are replacing her clio with a mini on mobility scheme.

not sure whether they are getting a mini first or a mini one but it has tghe 1.4 because they didn't want the 1.6

itll be better to look at than the clio!

the people who live over the road from me are replacing her clio with a mini on mobility scheme.

not sure whether they are getting a mini first or a mini one but it has tghe 1.4 because they didn't want the 1.6

itll be better to look at than the clio!

a clio you say... always knew it wasnt boy racers edging off the lights! its !Removed! motab drivers ahahahahahahahaaha

:blink:

a clio you say... always knew it wasnt boy racers edging off the lights! its !Removed! motab drivers ahahahahahahahaaha

:blink:

haha! i can't see her doing street racing if i'm honest!!

i want my mum to get a new car, my mum wants a new car! the picanto is annoying us with its cheapness

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club