Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 Titx 2.5 Facelift

StornowayBlue

Lovely work, if you're looking at white bulbs for your headlights do not purchase 100 watt bulbs they'll more than likely melt your housing

I'm sorry but that sound's like rubbish to me.

I had 4x 100watt bulbs in my Skyline (both dipped and mains) and they never had any effect on the plastic housing or the plastic lenses (or the now 20 year old wiring) in the 7 years I ran them.

Well first of all a skyline isn't a ford and fords housings are cheap plastic which Ford recommend 55w bulbs as anything higher produces more heat, as more heat is produced this increases the chances of melting plastics. Next time I'm on my laptop I'll upload a picture of a melted housing on my Ford Mondeo as I've used 100w bulbs in my previous cars (not Ford models) but never had a problem but got caught out with the Mondeo

Thanks for the tip and your subsequent reasoning Ben. I need to shop around for suitable bulbs that are simply plug and play but with white or blue light.

Not a problem mate, I'm currently running xenon gas filled 55w super white bulbs looks smart. I've seen blue tinted bulbs before, personally I prefer a white light over the blue. In my opinion upgrading all of lights interior & exterior from yellow (natural) to white has made a massive visual improvement.

I'm sorry but that sound's like rubbish to me.

I had 4x 100watt bulbs in my Skyline (both dipped and mains) and they never had any effect on the plastic housing or the plastic lenses (or the now 20 year old wiring) in the 7 years I ran them.

100w (HID look) ice white bulbs. Melted both housings but this side was worse. Didn't come cheap either at £13 a bulb!

Highly recommend osram's nightbreakers (if they're on offer) which are only 55w & can give better performance than most "cheap" 100w bulbs!

post-70870-0-85185300-1451961936_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Stornowayblue.

Excellent posting thank you very interesting.  Can I ask what type of paint did you use?  Black gloss or matt/satin?  In a spray or brush on?

And also does the part you paint remove away from the actual lens?

Thank.you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club