Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dodgy Parts Website Warning

Jon Bhoy

Just a quick heads up to friends on here who have been kind enough with good info in the past.

Was looking for a pair of wing mirrors for my 2010 Focus and came across a company called 999 Autoparts based in Bury . Website looked very proffesional , prices pretty good and they could spray up primed covers to match your car . Seems fantastic at about £107 for the pair. Said approx 4 days for delivery so waited....and waited...and waited.

After three weeks the status on the order went to "Processing order" and money got taken from account.Started to become a little suspicious so went looking.All i could see was good reviews (on thier site so meant nothing) and a poor guy on another forum asking if anyone had dealt with them as he had not had his goods delivered.I emailed him and he said he was less than pleased and had a hard time getting his money back. So i called them,no answer,tried another of their numbers and it was a dead line so luckily as i had paid via Paypal i raised a grievance with them and a day later they responded to me saying they were out of stock and a refund was issued.Ok i thought,at least i can get a pair on eBay and get them sprayed by my sprayer but then a week later i get an email from Paypal saying that trying to recover a refund was not succesful but i am covered under their protection scheme so they will refund me from that.

So beware of this company

http://999autoparts.co.uk/

http://fordwingmirror.co.uk/ford_wing_mirrors/catalog/

Might be i am just unlucky but did a company record check and seems they are a fairly new company so could be another one of these here today gone tomorrow but reopened day after with new Director kind of place.Hope this helps some folk.

• Like 2

you should contact trading standards too - stop others from being done over hopefully

• Like 1

Have already done that Sal and had an automated reply but dont know how long it will take them so just wanted to give folk here the heads up with no delays.

• Like 2

If its the same company they were also trading on eBay as a mate got bmw mirrors painted he did get them but the quality of the paint looked a bit iffy upon closer inspection it was marks in the cover so he removed the paint to find they weren't new as stated but 2nd hand parts painted up the name sounds the same

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club