Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus 2015 Aftermarket Led Drls Help!?

Rob89

Bought myself a 2 month old delivery mileage Ford Focus Titanium 2015 model which didn't include the Appearance Pack 1.
I found out that you cannot have the AP1 applied once the car has been built so I'm look for suggestions on looking to get aftermarket LED DRLs added to the car.

But looking around the internet I cannot see any options on LED DRLs for my model of Focus.
I'm guessing this is due to the face lift being very new and I did read that the headlights for the 2015 model are different to the one before and that the aftermarket is still playing catch up.

I'm wondering if this is true or not?

Or could I open up the current headlamps and install an LED strip in myself to replicate the AP1 DRLs?

If anyone has added DRLs to the same model Focus I have, I'd love to see a picture or a link =)

(Not my car but that's the exact model I'm getting)

GetImage2_zps9u2n0o5i.jpg

Anyone?
I don't exactly own the car yet and I could get a Titanium X but not the colour I want but it does have the LED DRLs.
I don't know whether to sacrifice colour over spec.

Might be a while before DRL kits come out for this.

The cost of changing the headlights would be better spent on getting a higher spec car imo.

• Like 1

If you have not commited to buying yet have you checked out the deals on new car broker sites such as Carwow? I was going to buy a brand new Focus Zetec S through them and was saving around £5000 on the dealer list price. All they do is the leg work to put you in touch with the dealer that submits the cheapest deal. You dont pay any money to the broker, only to the main dealer and its all done by email rather than getting mithered with phone calls.

• Like 1

Problem I have is I have a car currently on finance and I'm not far from £2000 out of pocket on what I owe to how much the car is worth.

Ouch, so youre looking to load the negative equity onto your new car then?

Yep. This Focus I'm interested in is £17000 + the £2000 on top. But I'm putting down a 4k-5k deposit.
I have that blue Titanium on order by putting down a small deposit but it's not mine yet. Just bummed it doesn't include the AP1 pack. But I can get windows tinted, not fussed about wheels but I love LED DRLs.

The DRL lights only come if you have the Bi-Zenon lights and are integrated into the top line of the cluster itself.

post-28494-0-43684100-1440542271_thumb.j

One option would be to fit a DRL kit here-

post-28494-0-78591700-1440542296_thumb.j

• Like 1

No, DRLs are available with halogens on the MK3.5. But only on the Zetec S or as part of the appearance pack on Zetec and Titanium

No, DRLs are available with halogens on the MK3.5. But only on the Zetec S or as part of the appearance pack on Zetec and Titanium

I stand corrected :)

It's a shame Ford don't have their own aftermarket set. I can only see the pre-facelift options.
Do you think they will add their own in time?

Even bigger shame you can't just buy the headlamp unit itself with the LED inside.

You can buy the units with DRLs but they won't be cheap. Plus they will need turning on in the Bcm central configuration with IDS . That's assuming the correct loom is present.

It is possible to retrofit them but not cheap which is why I said it might be better to put that money into a better spec car with them already fitted. Unless you get such an outstanding deal it is worth it.

The other option is to negotiate with the dealer and say you want them to supply and fit the DRL headlights as part of the deal.

You can buy the units with DRLs but they won't be cheap. Plus they will need turning on in the Bcm central configuration with IDS . That's assuming the correct loom is present.

It is possible to retrofit them but not cheap which is why I said it might be better to put that money into a better spec car with them already fitted. Unless you get such an outstanding deal it is worth it.

The other option is to negotiate with the dealer and say you want them to supply and fit the DRL headlights as part of the deal.

The exact same units or custom ones?

I worked out I'm paying about £14500 for the car over 3 years. So not a bad deal really considering it only has 25miles on a 15 plate.

It should just be a case of ordering new headlight clusters with the DRLs from Ford.

If the wiring is already present they can just be fitted and have the option turned on in IDS.

The dealer should be able to look at the car and tell you if the wiring for the DRLs is present for this to work.

Otherwise you will need new looms, not an easy or cheap job, depending on where they run to.

• Like 1

It should just be a case of ordering new headlight clusters with the DRLs from Ford.

If the wiring is already present they can just be fitted and have the option turned on in IDS.

The dealer should be able to look at the car and tell you if the wiring for the DRLs is present for this to work.

Otherwise you will need new looms, not an easy or cheap job, depending on where they run to.

Any idea on a rough price?

I asked the dealer the other day and he said it's not possible to fit them since the car is already built. And I can't see on Ford that you can buy the headlight clusters.

Dealer is talking rubbish.

You need to speak to the service department, they can look up the headlights on their parts system.

But you will need their workshop to have a look at the car and check it has all wiring present before they order the headlights.

If they won't do it, you'll have to take it to another dealer who is more helpful after you have bought the car.

At a guess though, you could be looking at £300 each.

• Like 1

Dealer is talking rubbish.

You need to speak to the service department, they can look up the headlights on their parts system.

But you will need their workshop to have a look at the car and check it has all wiring present before they order the headlights.

If they won't do it, you'll have to take it to another dealer who is more helpful after you have bought the car.

At a guess though, you could be looking at £300 each.

Does that £300 you mentioned include labour?

No, but it shouldn't take longer than an hour to fit, imo.

No, but it shouldn't take longer than an hour to fit, imo.

Alright thanks. The car arrived so I'm going to take a look at it in an hour.

So I should mention about talking to the service department to look into if they can get the headlamps and if it's got all the wiring present.

Yeah, the sales guys won't know what they are taking about.

service department can give you a price on the halogen headlight clusters with DRLs and advise their labour cost.

Yeah, the sales guys won't know what they are taking about.

Service department can give you a price on the halogen headlight clusters with DRLs and advise their labour cost.

Thanks. I'll mention that when I pop down. And I'll post here on what they say.

They said I need to find the serial number for the part and they will then look.
They don't know themselves but I find it, then they would look and they would do it.

Lazy bunch of so and so's, they could quite easily look up the part.

Just find a car on autotrader that has them which is the same age, where you can see the reg. Give them that reg and they can look up the part number for the headlights fitted to it.

• Like 1

Who will look it up?
This was my Ford Dealership that said I needed to find the part number =/ And they car was there so they had the reg.

The Ford dealership have a system they can look up part numbers on, they are just being lazy.

If you give them the registration of another car, which already has halogen clusters with LED DRLs (so a Zetec S or a Zetec/Titanium with AP1), then it makes it easier to find the part number on their system as it will only show what is fitted to that car and not all the options available.

Either that or get them from someone else. Fordpartsuk are good, they will quote them for you, just based on your reg and the description of the part. Just make sure you say the halogen cluster LED DRL headlights from the appearance pack, not the xenons.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club