Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gone through a set of pads in under 3k?

spitfire123

hi all,

taking the trip back home tonight and the front started jusdering and there was a strange noise (thought the noise was comming from car infront) but then the brakes suddenly started squeeling and grining under medium braking.

now i instantly thought pads...but i then thought i only changed them 2 months ago (3k ago) and now there completly down to the metal :blink:

both sodes are the same <_<

now is this down to !Removed! pads (there some crap pad like verco) or isit somthing else.

cheers all

Sounds like driving style to me...

To be fair....its pushed hard sometimes:rolleyes:

but 3k?

my bike ones last about as long and litaly 5x the speed.

it has to be the crappy pads.

you think?

thanks

3k!

Something is wrong somewhere!!!

Sounds like to me that the breaks are sicking on. This could be caused by one of three things.

either 1- the brake caliper piston or slide is sticking on.

2- The brake pipe flexi hose is blocked. (this will not be visible form the surface.)

To check this you need to take the wheel off, undo the slides 7mm Allen key, pull the slides out, Checking that the sides move freely. If they are check the caliper piston seal. IF it is knackered replace the caliper. If that is OK. Try to push the piston back with a big pair of grips. It should move back with a little amount of resistance. If it is too tight to go back. Then undo the bleed nipple and try to move it again. if it goes back and fluid comes out of the bleed nipple the flexi pipe is blocked. If not it is the caliper that is faulty.

or 3- Poor quality pads.

i would get yourself a new set of discs too, could also be very bad 'run-out'.

if the last set of pads were down to the metal chances are the discs will be WRECKED so in turn will just waste the new pads.... very false econemy replacing pads if the last set were at the metal... fit new discs and pads...

thanks for the replys. much apriciated.

yea the discs are f*cked warped/worn etc..

but im not going to bother changing them as i want vented discs.

so can i get vented discs without changing the standerd callipers?

thanks all

hi all,

taking the trip back home tonight and the front started jusdering and there was a strange noise (thought the noise was comming from car infront) but then the brakes suddenly started squeeling and grining under medium braking.

now i instantly thought pads...but i then thought i only changed them 2 months ago (3k ago) and now there completly down to the metal :blink:

both sodes are the same <_<

now is this down to !Removed! pads (there some crap pad like verco) or isit somthing else.

cheers all

Its got to be somethign wrong with the pads or you would be always changing your pads at about the same distance if it was your driving style

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club