Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving songs from ipod to usb memory stick

TonyEssex

Need a bit more info maybe. Are they downloaded from itunes store/ripped from a CD? What format are they in? If you haven't changed any settings they may be in the Apple default .aac and I'm not sure if the Ford system can read them (I suspect it can only read MP3).

If they're already in MP3 but not sure where on your PC they're located, just right click the song in itunes and click Show in Explorer which should pop up another window with the file you can then just copy on to your memory stick.

Hmm unless someone beats me to it I'll have to post some suggestions tomorrow (don't have time tonight). Basically itunes songs have DRM on them (most, anyway) and they're coded in .m4p

The easiest solution is to burn the songs from itunes to a CD, then rip the CD back to MP3. Alternatives I've used in the past are Tunebite (which basically listens to the song and encodes it to MP3 but that's not free). I'll post some more tomorrow.

Or just search for 'itunes m4p to mp3'

got from itunes so how do i convert into mp3? thanks

itunes has an option to back up to mp3 format, just change your import settings to mp3 files. then right click on any file and it'll give you an option like "creat MP3 copy"

You switching to the usb stick too then?

itunes has an option to back up to mp3 format, just change your import settings to mp3 files. then right click on any file and it'll give you an option like "creat MP3 copy"

You switching to the usb stick too then?

ah sorry didn't see you've downloaded them from itunes, if they are copy protected you'll either need to burn onto cd first or find some ripping software

i am attempting to but the conversion software only does a limited time for each track i.e. 1 minute only :angry:

i am attempting to but the conversion software only does a limited time for each track i.e. 1 minute only :angry:

I've tried Tunebite but had no luck with it, i found like other posts, burn them to cd then convert back to mp3 or wma i use winamp and wmp11 both worked ok for me.

Sara

Have to remember this link as I am having problems doing mine too - although got iTunes on my desktop I have taken it off of my Netbook although, without a CD/DVD drive on that, I am having problems . . .

I discovered this problem a few years ago. There are fiddly complicated ways around it, but the best solution is to stop using Itunes to buy music. You can download MP3 files of albums just as cheap from other websites just as easily, which is worth doing now your planning on transferring your songs to USB for the car

I discovered this problem a few years ago. There are fiddly complicated ways around it, but the best solution is to stop using Itunes to buy music. You can download MP3 files of albums just as cheap from other websites just as easily, which is worth doing now your planning on transferring your songs to USB for the car

I agree - I've amazon is pretty good and cheaper than itunes on a lot of stuff too.

I agree - I've amazon is pretty good and cheaper than itunes on a lot of stuff too.

That's right :) The sooner everyone gives up on Itunes and buys DRM free music, the sooner Apple might get the hint. I think it's wrong that you pay for something, and have you use of it restricted.

Amazon Music Page For Example