Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mystery Puddle

ford focus edge

Hi Folks, Bit of a strange one.

My MK1 has taken to leaving a small lake in the garage over night of water no colour or smell or anything just clean clear water. I've managed to work out its condensation of the air con pump which with my car having climate control with the A/C never turned of is justified but not in such a large quantity.

Was wondering if anyone else's focus leaves small lakes on the floor at night.

Also does anyone else's climate control have random fits when it just seems to blow on full wack on cold for ages and ages. Every time i turn fleetwood mac on my 170 proceeds to dry my eye balls out!

Thanks

As you said the water is most likely condensation from the AC system. After passing the condensator inside the heater housing assembly the air cools down and condensates inside the heater housing. Depending on weather conditions and humidity this can be a large amount of water. This water is drained by a hose at the bottom of the heater housing.

You should check the draining hose for bends and other obstructions. A bended or obstructed hose can prevent the water from draining immediately. If this happens the water collects inside the heater housing and usually drains very slowly (or not at all).

Only blowing cold air for a long period is usually caused by dust/dirt on the temperature sensor. This temperature sensor is mounted on the circuit board of the climate control panel. The sensor has a small fan which blows the air from inside the interior onto the sensor. During time both the fan and the temperature sensor collect a lot of dust/dirt which affects the temperature readings of the sensor. This problem can usually be solved by cleaning the fan and sensor using compressed air. This can be done from the outside through the small grille of the climate control panel.

Brilliant thank you! tried blowing in the grill on the dash and that worked.

I'll get the car in the air at work and see if there's a kink in the draining hose or blocked etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club