Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Key Wont Lock....but Does Unlock!

Jon Bhoy

Hi guys,

Got a very strange one!After the joy of getting dents removed and resprayed yesterday i come back to earth with a bump.I locked the car remotely last night no probs and unlocked it fine . But just been out to car and unlocked fine but went to lock it and nothing!!!! Changed the battery and still the same . I have the keyless/push button start so dont knowif there is a reprogram kind of thing or if the keyfob is now shot! I can lock it with the key but a bit of a pain.I have a spare keyfob at home but am away from home until monday night . Its a bit of a pain in the backside so any thoughts from you guys would be really appreciated.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Be patient till you get home. If the other key works then its the button on the remote thats gone and taking it apart and cleaning may be all it needs. Dont do that while your away and not near the other key though

Many thanks Stephen . Strange enough 3 hours later it started locking again!!! So guess theres something not connecting be it in the remote system or the key but it is the first time it has done it!!!Very strange.Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club