Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Adviseries

pugaloo

Hi all this is my first post. My galaxy had its mot back in May and a few advisories came back :/. Just wondering if anyone knows what parts I need to be asking for (is it a new steering rack and suspension) and is it worth fixing? If so does anyone know how much they think it would cost?

I have enough money to either buy a new second hand car or get this one fixed! But need to know what to do for the best! Car is mechanically sound other than the mot issues! I have attached a copy of what they said :/. It's a 2000 Galaxy by the way. 2ltr petrol

post-68305-0-69754400-1440860475_thumb.j

I would try a local/reliable independent garage and get a second opinion/quote.

iirc the movement in the struts is a common issue with the galaxy/alhambra/sharans,when they lift the front of the car up theres no down force on the front suspension,so the numpty testers always put this down as an advisory.

you have a pm.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As far as I'm aware the macpherson strut test has been changed now they have to do it with weight on them as apposed to having the car jacked up mine was always an advisory until the last mot and they took it off :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club