Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roadtax

fiesta1881

Hi is it true that cars registered from 2017 like a fiesta 1.0 will have to pay roadtax. I have a 2013 1.0 125bhp and one thing that was great about it from say a 1.2 polo was no tax. If it is true in 3 to 4 years when look at another car it will take abit of the shine from a 1.0 fiesta and make you look around if all cars ie, 1.0 to 1.4 priced the same.

Hi is it true that cars registered from 2017 like a fiesta 1.0 will have to pay roadtax. I have a 2013 1.0 125bhp and one thing that was great about it from say a 1.2 polo was no tax. If it is true in 3 to 4 years when look at another car it will take abit of the shine from a 1.0 fiesta and make you look around if all cars ie, 1.0 to 1.4 priced the same.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motoring-issues/2015/budget-2015-how-it-affects-uk-motorists/

Think I keep my fiesta for 10 years or more.

It is certainly more useful for those who buy second hand cars (like me!). Let some fool pay the £500, £800+ on the first year, then, when it is later sold, taxing it is not an issue.

That said, I hope these changes don't stop manufacturers striving for ever cleaner cars. The fact that a 99g/km CO2 car would cost £120 for the first year instead of nothing as it is now is quite a difference.

Plus if cleaner cars imply better fuel economy, it will always be a good selling point...

• Like 1

It is certainly more useful for those who buy second hand cars (like me!). Let some fool pay the £500, £800+ on the first year, then, when it is later sold, taxing it is not an issue.

That said, I hope these changes don't stop manufacturers striving for ever cleaner cars. The fact that a 99g/km CO2 car would cost £120 for the first year instead of nothing as it is now is quite a difference.

Plus if cleaner cars imply better fuel economy, it will always be a good selling point...

But there will always be some prat that has to buy a 3+ litre range rover and either drive 100 down the motorway or 60 through a town because....just because....

In fact to further add to my severe disgust at range rover drivers, I recently got cut up by one who decided he'd like to come into my lane without any indication or anything... I ended up following him because we appeared to both be going to Morrisons... Before we arrived I saw him speed off at about 50 in a 30 zone... reached a set of traffic lights and we were both waiting (I had caught him up by simple doing the limit)... The lights went green, each car was going through until they went to orange, the car in front of him went through, then red, and he went through...

I found his chelsea tractor in the car park, I left a note about how surprised I was that he'd not found himself a disabled spot to which he has no right to take and that I felt his driving skills were lacking... Afterwards I entered the supermarket and instantly recognised his t-shirt.... and proceeded to cut him up with my trolley and used my subtlety to state how I should have indicated or looked before I pulled into his space. Oblivious moron walked on like a sack of spuds..

• Like 3

the way my right brick of a foot is, my ecoboost definitely isn't producing 99 grams of co2. i'm sure of it

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club