Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter K&n

ajzetecs

is it worth me spending 46 squid on a k&n filter to replace my standard on, just mite end up commiting suicude if it doesnt do anything,

My intentions is to add few bits before a get remap to acheive few extra horses

Not worth it no... Green cotton would be a better choice, but don't expect as bigger difference as the price suggests lol. The remap is by far the best value for money mod for power increase.

On its own its worth maybe 1HP if anything, BUT it will help a lot on the remap, if its a true remap to YOUR car or a Spider chip then they can use the extra air thats available. If its a generic remap ie Bluefin then wont make any difference

However the K&N will save you money in the long term over paying for air filters and sounds better. It also has a finer mesh and better filtering capability than the green cottom ones. Many tests have show that a reasonable clean paper filter flows as much air as needed, provided you change them when they are dirty. The K&N actually filters better the dirtier it gets

• Like 1

Is that all the k&n cone induction costs for a foccy..I paid £148. for the k&n 57i on my Mondy.. have you got the standard exhaust set up?

I have a custom stainless steel straight thru but still thinking about messing with its brain, a re- map to take full advantage of these two mods and get a few more pony's.. although all three together nets the best results for the NA engine..on its own its unlikely to give you any more power.

The K&N 57s-4000 kit gave 18bhp increase on the dyno for my mk3 1.6 petrol Ecoboost. Not sure about about the 18bhp but there was a noticeable increase in power. For £70 less though i just bought the open ended filter on its own for £54 as the kit only comprises of the filter and a new lid with K&N logo and a smoother underside. The filter on its own is an e-9289.

https://youtu.be/vpzQbFGP4MI

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CR9WY38/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?qid=1441023406&sr=8-1-fkmr0π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=focus+e-9289+k%26n

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ARCO30Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1441023950&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40&keywords=k%26n+57s-4000&dpPl=1&dpID=41FqeaXZl4L&ref=plSrch

In the US they have dynotested the K&Ns a lot (mainly on the 2.0 petrol), the biggest gain seen was about 5HP and that was mainly down to the snorkel delete done at the same time. On the foci, the airbox inlet snorkel is what restricts air flow, not the filter and you can pull the snorkel off in minutes. You can take the filter out entirely and it will make little difference on a dyno. Get that Snorkel out! its free, easy and makes more difference. If you pull the slam panel up you can see a [perforated tube, that's it, remove it, its for noise suppression

However don't remove the tube in the engine bay and make sure the clippable rubber seal actually does seal, other wise the intake suffers badly from heat soak when you are stationary

Others have rigged up a ram cold air feed to the bottom of the airbox

The ST Airbox basically just has an open snorkel to allow all the airflow it needs, same filter box and filter

Yes the ST performance kits have the same K&N and a longer snorkel that comes low enough to get some ram air affect. The original ST snorkel is just a smooth open end

Just pull of your old snorkel to get more air, the ram effect will only work at high speed

Does anyone have the part numbers then to swap over to the standard ST set up?

Yep thats it. Dont bother, just pull off your old huge restrictive one to leave the hole in the metal. Free

• Like 1

I just like keeping things looking factory to be honest. At least with the inlet trim on its not as obvious something has been removed.:)

Im curious as to why mine has a snorkel then but the ST doesnt? Is it purely to make it quieter?

Yes, you will hear the difference if you remove the snorkel (sounds better if you ask me)

I doubt anyone will ever lift up the Slam panel to check, you cant see that area unless you dissamble stuff. You can always put the snorkel back if you want. If you just leave it metal then it looks like Ford forgot to add it to start. if you out the ST bit on them its obvious you played

Yeah, suppose so. Its only $4 on American sites so might get it anyway. I will try it without first though.

No finis number but American part number is - CV6Z-9A624-B