Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickj

THINKING OF PURCHASING A MONDEO ST

7 posts in this topic

Hey all

I am thinking of purchasing a Mondeo ST 2005 Version just wondering what are they like want something fun to drive with comfort as well as a motorway cruiser.

what would you reccomend diesel or petrol

Many Thanks

Think all the new ones are diesel. The older ones have the v6 petrol in them which would be my first choice.

I'm currently looking to buy a v6 cougar (basically same engine) Test drove one the other day and was really quiet ans smooth.

Driven alot of the new diesel st's and wasn't impressed. Sounded and felt like I was driving a transit! :angry:

Think all the new ones are diesel. The older ones have the v6 petrol in them which would be my first choice.

I'm currently looking to buy a v6 cougar (basically same engine) Test drove one the other day and was really quiet ans smooth.

Driven alot of the new diesel st's and wasn't impressed. Sounded and felt like I was driving a transit! :angry:

Cheers mate appreciate the feedback ye diesels are quite noisey and to find a petrol one is a task in it self

i hired one once from Hertz.. I must say i was very impressed with it.. loads of torque which i love!!!

Also they look nice too!

go for a low mileage st220, cheaper to buy than and st tdci and has more performance and kit!

Deffo Go For 3.0 ST220. Late as poss, max options, Performance Blue. Go for the diesel only if you are doing lots of miles.

Hello there. Funny enough i'm also about to buy an ST but the diesel. I have been offered a black 06 estate with 100k on the clock for 5k. I have seen the car and it's nearly perfect but wanted to get some feedback from "you" about any potential problems I should look for?!

Thank you