Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Focus Saloon

kyle_saloontdci

Sorry for the late reply mate, working permanent nights and having a baby on the way has meant life has been manic

This is the front lip fitted

post-34566-0-47342100-1442511455_thumb.j

post-34566-0-54005600-1442511477_thumb.j

This is the skirts fitted

post-34566-0-33942400-1442511531_thumb.j

post-34566-0-93439200-1442511552_thumb.j

All parts off the car

post-34566-0-74631600-1442511409_thumb.j

No damage, just needs repaying and your good to go

Would look sweet fitted and finish off your exterior. Could fit just the front lip n skirts or if you fancied a project you could modify the rear lip and adapt it to fit the saloon if you have the know how and time

Is this for the back subframe or the front? When I worked at ford a few years ago I used to do the rear subframe bolts with the shim on so you could track it from the rear then the front. I fitted the springs this aft so will let them settle for about 500 miles then it will be in for tracking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images above are of back left tyre mate,

I had Ford dealership fit the Eibach lowering springs and adjustable camber bolts but although billing me for laser tracking alignment they didn't do it resulting in the above on both rear tyres

images above are of back left tyre mate,

I had Ford dealership fit the eibach lowering springs and adjustable camber bolts but although billing me for laser tracking alignment they didn't do it resulting in the above on both rear tyres

I've done nearly 500 miles and so far there is no abnormal wear to the tyres that I can see so I'll get the tracking done at the end of the week when I've done a few more hundred. I'd of thought it would of started to mark the inner edges of the tyres by now if it was running too much camber would it not??

• Like 1

Got the itch to do something under the bonnet as its stock under there apart from the egr delete so ordered this for it

9f315c17fd063d310b4ca8908ec18059.jpg

I've had cone filters on a few diesels and they usually give it a nice grunt and abit of a flutter when you let off so I will see how it sounds, I might leave the lower part of the air box in place so it can sit in it but I'll see how it looks and have a play. Still deciding what exhaust tip I want as I'm not sure what will suit it then I'll sort out getting that done. Will update once it's on [emoji106]

I need to remeasure the suspension now it's settled. Very impressed with the h&r springs though the ride is like standard so I'm glad I went for them [emoji3]

• Like 1

I reseated the rear springs yesterday as one of the top rubbers wasn't sat right and it turns out I hadn't located one properly so redid that and it seems to sit better. Here's pics of the front and rear ride height now. Seems to have lowered bang on 40mm on the front and about 45mm on the rear.

951275dd8fdd9cff676c94cca41ac25e.jpg

eff3b85e898d252adc52c4040d39ff58.jpg

985e35db29b99199fe7831115c203e08.jpg

Fitted my cone filter also today.

Before

28f698a0aa21eea9fd2a07cbbd8b4783.jpg

After

3d3f53e1f83e6e9c32abb181646ac923.jpg

9cdd0e0fdf2e8e7be8124d36ae974019.jpg

e33945defe0537a53cf34cab4fb9d1e1.jpg

Looks a lot better I think. Was only £19.99 delivered as I measured it all myself and got a universal one to fit rather than paying over double for a vehicle specific one because they've had to measure it [emoji23][emoji23]. No noise difference on idle but gives it a throaty sound when accelerating and best of all you can hear the turbo boosting and it gives a nice tish sound when you let off. It's not loud like a petrol turbo to make it sound chavvy but just gives it abit of noise to get the old girl noticed. For the sake of £20 I'm happy considering it needed a new air filter soon anyway

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just been using the car for work so not done anymore but I noticed yesterday on the a1 on the way back from London the back end was very twitchy in the wet. Went to my mate for it tracking and I knew the rear tyres were getting low but when I properly checked one was bald and had cords just poking through and the other was about 1mm [emoji16][emoji16] had it tracked and put my 5th wheel on which had a virtually brand new Dunlop on and then got a Dunlop fitted too so cost me £100 all in all and it's still got dunlops all round [emoji106] feels a lot better now in the wet can't believe I hadn't noticed how bad the rears were.

807de3b010df4e349843b481191a4a96.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Friday I took it down the unit and serviced it. Did the oil and filter and the fuel filter. Also cut a dead coil off the rear as it sat too high at the back for my liking so went from this

752eaacb6333c95eecaf8443c84e0c33.jpg

26e7c771d220e925226de73c01da7746.jpg

To this

f122802fcdc7bf4c7de7bb1c0a493778.jpg

268dbee9613d6171d00a77f9e16b8bcd.jpg

Sits loads better now [emoji7] unfortunately I went to use it yesterday and it won't start [emoji35][emoji35] thought it was to do with the fuel filter so kept priming it etc anyway 99% sure it's the crank sensor so can't use it at the min until I can order a crank sensor from ford in the morning [emoji22]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Never did update this, put a new crank sensor and it still wouldn't start so after messing about with it all day I went and got another fuel filter. Turns out the one I fitted the seal was dodgy causing air to get in [emoji35][emoji35] another filter and seal and I got it going [emoji4][emoji4] also the crank sensor has cured it cutting out when its first started from cold which was quite annoying.

Anyway I bought some genuine ford paint to colour code the read bump strip so went down the unit and did it. da16441c8f56f17d3a77f3cf5c59fadd.jpg

b5be0455bdba2ef9f307aa39f7d682a8.jpg

c2ef6c8c2926262ecf9a9d9e8ff1da1e.jpg

7926dbf91e55ac16159b67cb648032f8.jpg

The only pic I've got since its been done, in some lights it looks lighter than the bumper and in other lights it looks spot on, it might be me over analysing it though as no one else has noticed.

0438c314a653b4b6fdc9e2bb0909abb7.jpg

Also treat it to some new heater knobs only cost £6 so I'm happy [emoji4]

7768edc60fb58aca9c0ebe8ee95d68cc.jpg

b5c815647f11440a184d6ce1d6f3c71c.jpg

49347dd3bdfb39f77beeab1bc1aeb7ab.jpg

2daf29797a3837c8d0f4571e4771ee3d.jpg

f115f83d1a0fe216bd5dd0b37f5c15b8.jpg

Looks loads better I think. Just want some grey cloth recaros or full leather recaros and the inside is done. After a spoiler next and tint the windows I think then it should be finished.

• Like 2

Good work! I love the heater knob upgrade - so cheap and easy and it makes a massive difference.

• Like 1

Thanks yes it does make a huge difference it looks a lot more classier

• Like 1

looking good and love the heater knobs.

can I ask where you got the knobs from for £6 as just looked on e bay and they are all about £15

• Like 1

Nice looking foccy saloon you have there fella,also like the fact you took a cutter to the springs yourself,nice to see it lowered with decent oem 18s,which I found to be alot stronger than say the wolfrace triads I had fitted to mk2 mondy a few years back (soft)

• Like 1

looking good and love the heater knobs.

can I ask where you got the knobs from for £6 as just looked on e bay and they are all about £15

A company called printworx if you google it then it will come up, they sell them on eBay but for more money to cover fees and postage etc so order direct off their website [emoji106]

• Like 1

Nice looking foccy saloon you have there fella,also like the fact you took a cutter to the springs yourself,nice to see it lowered with decent oem 18s,which I found to be alot stronger than say the wolfrace triads I had fitted to mk2 mondy a few years back (soft)

Thanks I'm quite pleased with it. Chopping off a dead coil made a massive difference it sits level now and looks loads better. I prefer oem wheels to be honest, I did want st wheels but don't think it would of looked as good

• Like 1

The alloys you have are a lot harder to find than the st type, ....I've been wanting to upgrade my alloys from standard 17 in 7 spoke Ghia x items to oem 18s but not having any luck in finding a decent set and the prices on eBay are unrealistic for what is being offered,but I'm in no hurry to part with £500+ for used alloys...the alloys I've got were refurbed last year and still look good..

post-49976-144740508129_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The alloys you have are a lot harder to find than the st type, ....I've been wanting to upgrade my alloys from standard 17 in 7 spoke Ghia x items to oem 18s but not having any luck in finding a decent set and the prices on ebay are unrealistic for what is being offered,but I'm in no hurry to part with £500+ for used alloys...the alloys I've got were refurbed last year and still look good..

I did look at a set of those but I'm glad I held out for the ones I've got. I only paid £200 for a set of 5 with good dunlops on them so was a bargain. Wouldn't of paid £500+

• Like 2

I've tried 18s on my Mondeo last year,a week or so before plumping for an identical set of Ghia x 17s that had just been refurbed (£150 including centre caps that weren't refurbed) but matches my old set sound as the original caps were well bladdered by what looked like a severe over cleaning by a rotary wheel cleaning attachment, and anyhow l bought new centre caps from a ford parts seller called Vospers...brand new £60 delivered, then popped some new but cheap tyres so it would look passable on the show stand at Castle Coombe as I was a member of the ford Mondeo owners club .....anyways btw...these 18 zetec s alloys i had lent for a few days looked really cool and the handling was sharper on the bends etc ..but the tyres were cruddy and I had to give them back after a weekend on them,car looked well better with the 18s but my mate needed them back as the set he bought had an alloy taken out by a pot hole just a week after fitting...bad luck on an unlit and unfamiliar country lane..

Anyhow the past couple of weeks I've been haunting eBay trying to bag myself a decent set of 18in oem alloys...I believe the mk2 focus alloy wheel range is a direct fit for the mk3 Mondeo,unless someone knows more about these sort of things like wheel dimemsions.. which I'm not exactly great at:D

• Like 1

Get on gumtree that's where I got mine from. They've got some 18s on there for around £200-250.

I was going to get these wheels 59d878c06551945142d99a19e9f040dc.jpg could of had them for £120 with tyres but didn't think they'd look right. All mondeo and focus 5 stud wheels are the same you can also fit Volvo and jaguar wheels too

• Like 1

I noticed your thread and in the first page you mention a spoiler, I've seen boot lid lip which looks pretty neat, its just a slight 'something different', without being ridiculously attention grabbing!

• Like 1

I noticed your thread and in the first page you mention a spoiler, I've seen boot lid lip which looks pretty neat, its just a slight 'something different', without being ridiculously attention grabbing!

What spoiler is it? I can't find any for it

• Like 1

What spoiler is it? I can't find any for it

I'll send you a pm of another thread on the interweb soon, you can have a squint.

• Like 1

Kyle...I've just put a bid in on a set of refurbed alloys with brand new centre caps. and there the same as yours fella 18in 7spoke..just waiting now on a reply...they are for sale at £500+ postage...so I've bid £400+courier at £60...we will see...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club