Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

kikey

best glass cleaner

6 posts in this topic

hi what is the best way to clean my windscreen there is a like a oily film on it i have tried glass cleaner even viniger but still oily realy bad when driving in the dark thanks mike

hi what is the best way to clean my windscreen there is a like a oily film on it i have tried glass cleaner even viniger but still oily realy bad when driving in the dark thanks mike

i presume this is on the exterior of the windscreen? if its oily, maybe some form of degreaser. i always use meguiars nxt generation glass cleaner, takes off road dirt without any problems, not sure if even that could help.

you could try a premix of sugar soap, use newspaper instead of a cloth to wipe of the excess and do not forget the wiper blades themselfs.

Boiling hot water is a very effective degeaser - adding fairy to it will also help, but don't let it get on your paint. Alternatively use Meg's degreaser.

My glass cleaner of preference is a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water, followed by good old Windowlene and polished with Autoglym glass cleaner.

Drying with newspaper has already been suggested, that's excellent, or use a waffle weave drying towel.

thanks for all the advice wil give some a try let you know how i get on thanks mike

Some times, its just what the glass cleaner leaves befind.

After i have cleaned the glass, i would suggest using a clean & Dry Microfibre cloth and go over it again. This then polish's and removes anything left over.

All the best

Nick