Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powershift Owners

nashy

I put my car in for it's first year service yesterday and was told that although i have had a couple of peculiar issues with the box over the year which i asked them to check, there were no faults showing up and the driver told me it was one of the best he had driven. I was told that they are still having problems with these boxes around 13-14k with the clutches being shot to pieces but put this down to owners continually leaving it in drive while at a standstill. I was told when i bought the car that i should always put it into neutral when at a standstill at lights etc which i have done religiously but wondered if this was general advice given out by all dealers. I am trading it in next month for a Clio EDC and will carry on this practice but Renault tell me that once you touch the brake on the Clio it disengages the clutch anyway so shouldn't have to do it. Is this not the case with the powershift then?

This is what i was told by a ford dealer when i bought the car, is this incorrect then?

While the vehicle is stationery and foot brake applied, both the clutches are engaged waiting , just like a manual with foot on clutch in gear.

• Like 1

Load of !Removed! surely they shouldn't be having that many issues with the automatics. It has to be purely down to powershift. I mean America is built on them and we never put the car in neutral. Park and Drive / Reverse. The handbrake almost never gets used either.

Damm you people that don't use the handbrake and blinded us with your brake lights :p

• Like 1

Damm you people that don't use the handbrake and blinded us with your brake lights :P

put your sunglasses on. :)

i had a 1.6 powershift 2013 model it had a new cluch at 15000 and was still juddering.just traded that in for a clio gt sport 120edc best ever automatic going,never go back to a fiesta untill the gearbox is well and truly sorted.

I had one of these for two weeks , utter pile of crap , jerking and kicking. Stay with manual. If you really want an auto buy a Bmw merc or audi VW OR Skoda

To be fair i have never had any juddering and 80% of the time the powershift has been fine but after a couple of scary moments of power loss and sticking in gear, it has unnerved me a bit, and talking to ford only yesterday i was told that they recognise there are still a couple of problems with powershift and are working on a firmware update to solve them. it seems that power loss and missing gears seems to be the main source of complaints. As for putting it in neutral i was told this time that there was no official recommendation from ford concerning that practice.

i had a 1.6 powershift 2013 model it had a new cluch at 15000 and was still juddering.just traded that in for a clio gt sport 120edc best ever automatic going,never go back to a fiesta untill the gearbox is well and truly sorted.

Jonny

I'm glad to see that you rate the Renault EDC. The one i test drove seemed far superior to the ford but alot of reviews i have seen, seem to say the opposite rating the powershift the better box..Still i will find out next month when i switch to the Clio myself.