Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3 Mondeo Idle Clunk Noise Possible Dmf Please Advise

laidler

Hi all,

Wondering if you can shed some light on my problem as I've read multiple responses and I'm torn between my mondeo needing the dreaded DMF change or weather it's something else.

Starting the car there is a low engine note like a clunky misfire, if it were petrol I'd say s spark plug was buggered. Then the car idles with a clicking sound like a washing machine with a spanner in it but when I depress clutch halfway to bite point their is no sound. The car drives fine has covered decent mileage 170k but having read another reply that a guy had a software update and checked injectors and all was fine I'm wondering if anyone can help? I probably wouldn't bother spending the £500-£600 on the part and labour as the car is not worth it. Also a mechanic friend advised sticking in a single mass flywheel/clutch conversion kit and the car will go for ever? Is that advisable? I've read horror stories about it but I'm intrigued as I love the car and I cover a lot of miles and would like to keep it on the road. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Car is a mk3 55 plate mondeo zetec 2.0 diesel

I have just put a solid mass flywheel in mine and there is no difference in the way it drives compared to a dmf.

I would definitely recommend it plus they are much cheaper to buy than a dmf. I paid £280 for mine including clutch plate etc.

It was actually a very easy job to do. With me and a friend (both amateur enthusiasts) it took us just over 9hours and that was taking it slowly and trying to be clean... albeit that didnt go to well.

It's funny the op says that....I was looking at one the othe day that I'm quite sure has the same problem, idling it sounds like a bag of spanners but drove fine. The problem he has, he's wary of stopping the engine once it doesn't start, he said it's the starter, yes that's part of it but that's seemingly caused the clutch/dmf breaking up and going into the starter.

It's an 06 2.0tdci

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club