Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav In Fiesta

10dawson

I have a Fiesta Zetec - is there any way of getting SAT nav in the car? The one that looks built in - not one you buy and put on the dash!

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

you would have to purchase a new screen, head unit, wiring loom, sat nav base and ariel, navigation sd card. its a very dear do if it wasn't specced from the factory you would be looking around £600+ in total and then if your not fitting it yourself you have to pay for the fitting too.

• Like 1

Any idea where you can get it all from? Can Ford quote for it all?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

ford can quote for it all but it will be extortionate i would recommend looking on eBay for a scrap zetec or zetec s with the ford nav and get the whole lot or look for a full system on there from people doing Ford to sony conversions bud

god i forgot there was that much loom even my ar5e just fell out thinking of fitting all that even as techie

I have fitted the Sony navigation to my Sport van. Everything works as it should, aftermarket Gps antenna has been used and it is not connected up for traffic. The only problem I have is that it has changed the mileage in the cluster to KM, ad even though miles is there in the display setting I cannot select it! I'm guessing its just programming thing, as everything else works spot on.

• Like 1

I wanted this doing and had a quote from my local dealer at £1000+, due to re-wiring, centre console swap, new wiring loom, new antennas, etc... Didn't fancy it, so, just stuck my iPad mini on the flat bit of the dash... Works brilliantly!

post-62772-0-74668500-1442305128_thumb.j

post-62772-0-48741700-1442305140_thumb.j

• Like 1

I am planning of fitting the sony sat nav to my car soon and will post up details once its done.

I have a Sony system in my car (titanium ) would that mean I was part way there to sat nav if I wanted it ?

The sat nav is stand alone from the headunit the only defence being is that the dedicated nav unit has shortcut keys on the radio facia. I was able to operate the nav with the standard radio facia in my van before swapping it over.

I'm going to ask when I get the chance anyway as I believe I have the basics of part of it. Ie. The Sony unit although centre would need changed. Colour screen and I'm guessing gps antenna as it has emergency assistance. Most probably still too expensive though

I wanted this doing and had a quote from my local dealer at £1000+, due to re-wiring, centre console swap, new wiring loom, new antennas, etc... Didn't fancy it, so, just stuck my iPad mini on the flat bit of the dash... Works brilliantly!

What mount is that? Is it suction stuck to the dash?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Suction-Mount-Holder-for-iPad-Mini-2-Galaxy-Tab-4-3-6-3-Tablet-PC-/321299460792?hash=item4acef0b2b8

That's the mount for it mate, just sticks onto a the flat part of the unit, I've got mine on a round disc base though, think that came with it,

Just thought it was a better alternative to buying a retrofit sat nav from ford, at the time I quite fancied an iPad for myself too, so, got an iPad and use satnav on that rather than buying a tomtom,

• Like 1

The navy unit just plugs in on the regular plug. Gps is a blue Fakra so any Gps antenna with a Fakra plug will fit. Traffic is done via the antenna, I do not have this connected, when I have time I will get a couple of pics.

The sat navy is not used for Sync emergency assistance, that is reliant on your smartphone.

Asked today at my dealer and they said not possible. Not sure if truly not possible or just couldn't be assed.

I had that problem before. I spoke to 2 different dealers and one told me its possible but very expensive and one told me its not possible. Just wanted to see if anyone has any photos of doing it/how they done it

• 11 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread, but Ive got it working in my mk7 fiesta bar a few parts. Need the screen cradle and need to find ASAP.

Also anyone know what the pink, black and green fakra connections are for

• 2 years later...
On 9/10/2016 at 2:47 PM, Divszy said:

Sorry to revive this thread, but Ive got it working in my mk7 fiesta bar a few parts. Need the screen cradle and need to find ASAP.

Also anyone know what the pink, black and green fakra connections are for

Another revival......

The green connector isn't Fakra, it's a four pin connector that the adapter to RCA lead fits to.....it's for the reversing camera.

Black on the rear of the nav takes the cars black Fakra lead. It's from the DAB/FM splitter.

Pink fakra is an interconnect to the black fakra on the main radio unit;   this requires a female/female Fakra 'Z' cable.

I found my car already had pins in the black navi connector PINS 12 + 6 (for nav audio)

Be advised the navi wiring plug isn't the easiest disassembly. In summary;

Remove ziptie 

Close latch-lock on connector, lift at the pivot, remove gently!

There is a area to gently pry, it'll be obvious by this point, I used a small flat blade screw driver...like eleccy one

Check the numbers on the plug now you can see them

20181220_153850.thumb.jpg.ae6983530f44eae8a36a7f50ffe506b5.jpg

they ran down to the below pictured white connector, I connected two wires from here to the C1 connector PINS 4 + 5 on the rear of the main radio unit

20181220_161744.thumb.jpg.23a9fcc9206b562975fe385cec9a15b0.jpg

The white connector is released towards the bonnet you'll need to find the same colour wires there, multimeter required here to confirm which ones which!!! CONNECTING THEM THE WRONG WAY ROUND CAN DAMAGE THE HS/MS NETWORK.

PIN 6 NAV = PIN 4 RADIO UNIT

PIN 12 NAV = PIN 5 RADIO UNIT

20181220_215749.thumb.jpg.7b7ef904f515dae32f4ce216d42cadc8.jpg

This is the radio C1 connector

20181220_153902.thumb.jpg.df774405a307da7f4adf1bcc57d252aa.jpg

As a side note I found I didn't have to connect the black fakra, pink fakra or the green connector on the navi screen in order to use it, (my car was on Sony system from factory *Titanium X 2013)

Screenshot_20181220-160244_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Big thanks - helped me through connecting the voice wires 💯👌👍👍👍

I have the Ford satnav fitted in my car but I don't use it a it's nowhere near as good as my Garmin Nuvi 65.   Apart from that, The Garmin has all the speed camera locations built in and has the maps updated four times a year.   I've never come across a way of getting an update for the one fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club