Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter Problem 09 Duratorq 1.6 Focus

EllwoodJT

Hi im new here but just joined because i need advice please.

I've recently had the DPF static regenerated but at the same time the reading for the fuel delivery pressure was low so I bought a fuel filter £42 and fitted it myself ... All straight forward. .. i started the car fine and it it ran for 20 seconds i assume on what diesel there was in the rail but then stopped! It won't start again.i took the pipes off the filter and cranked the engine and there's no diesel coming out? Im at a total loss. Any suggestions would be much appreciated thank you.

There wont be any fuel out the filter with the pipes off, the fuel is drawn through via the high pressure fuel pump on the engine

Ok that makes sense do I simply pump it in the 'arrow inward' pipe until it's full? Do I unscrew the plastic air bleeding cap if that's even what it is? Do I crank the engine? Any tips please?

Accidentally touched the thumb down... Not my intention as you are providing such valued information. Thank you

Brim the filter housing and make sure the seal is sound to avoid air ingress.

I'd advise you have a booster pack or jumpstart handy as a fair bit of cranking may be needed and your battery will take a beating.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club