Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

My Baddie Tooth

laumk7

Over the weekend somehow or other I bust my back tooth, feels like it's completely sheared in half tbh.

The pain is unbelievable, when it happened no pain at all so emergency dentist recommended me a tooth repair kit from boots. Now the pains hit in my regular dentist can't fit me in till next week and the emergency dentist have suggested painkillers till tomorrow, thing is with my usual medication I can only have paracetamol and those aren't even touching the pain.

Bit of a mememe thread but I can't even talk properly at the moment either, gottle of geer anyone?

• Like 1

Ouch, I know your pain, I split one of my incisors a few years ago, broke right down to the root splitting it in two

• Like 1

I think a bottle of Jack Daniels might work better for you! Stick a post-it note on your forehead though saying nil by mouth incase you head off for an alcohol fuelled kebab!:lol:

• Like 2

+1 hold whiskey in your mouth to kill the nerve,

Also try going to A&E they might get you fitted in somewhere

Filling fell out of my back tooth before,

Didn't hurt at times so I left it alone,

Two years later was killing me,

Went dentist whom tried pulling it but it shattered to become flush with the gum.

He then xrayed and saw the root was curved under the neighbouring tooth.

ended up getting put to sleep while they cut open and extracted

I have it in drawer upstairs ten years now

Paracetamol for pain and clove oil on the tooth will also numb it.

I know your pain, split a wisdom tooth a few years back just before going to Tunisia on holiday.

Made the mistake of telling the missus it was bugging me on the day we arrived.

She toddled off to the hotel reception and within an hour I was in a dentists chair having the thing pulled.

As it was impacted (as would Lenny's of been) I ended up with a wacking hole in my gum and 4 stitches.

I didn't stop spitting blood for 4 days and couldn't eat solids for one week of our two week holiday.

It felt like my jaw was busted the whole time.

Never again will I trust foreign dentists (or tell my wife I'm in discomfort).

• Like 2

I currently have the same issue, I broke a wisdom tooth in half at the beginning of the year, but couldn't do anything about it as I had a huge cyst pushing my tongue into the roof of my mouth, so dentists wouldn't touch me with a barge pole. Now the cyst is out, but gotta wait until post op appointment to make sure I am ok for another surgery to have the damn thing removed. It has been broken now for about 9 months, if it makes you feel any better!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

With me,

This was all below the surface curving under the wisdom tooth next to it.

The tooth broke flush with gum when they tried clamping on for extraction so had to be sedated and surgically extracted

here it is ten years out of my mouth

20150908_192105_zpsr7csbxiw.jpg

Noo - don't tell me horror stories about wisdom teeth!!

All of mine are impacted :(

• Like 1

Yowch! Ive got squeemish with age lol, glad I had all my wisdom teeth taken out under general when I was about 23/24, all those had impacted and the gummed had to be opened for safe removal, I kept mine as well and the roots curl round just the same as that tooth shown

Update of my baddie tooth, visited the emergency dentist yesterday, and they filled it with a temporary but slightly stronger filler than boots do in their home kits, and told me the damage was a broken top of the tooth / superficial break so should be easily repairable with a crown due to the size of the break. Speaking to colleagues at work last night they said the other damage lol is likely to be in the region of 200 quids for just the crown, this is using a NHS dentist as well.

Fortunately the pain has all but subsided now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club