Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Software And Map Updates

iNVADER84

Hi there, never looked into it until this point, but can you update the cars software yourself or do you have to take it to a dealer? If you can do it yourself, where might I find the updated software?

Also, I have the Tit X with the Sony stereo with Satnav and rear view camera, but NOT the assistance pack, the maps are on a memory stick in the console of course, but can they be updated yourself?

The software of many modules can be updated yourself if you have the correct tools. For example by using a modified ELM327 interface and the FoCCCus software. However you should only consider this if you have the skills and knowledge to do this.

most firmware files are available as a download from the Motorcraft website. However you need to know the exact firmware version number. Many times the new firmware has a completely different number from the older firmware. Without knowing the exact firmware number (and its compatibility) updating the firmware will be like Russian roulette.

Next to this updating the firmware of some modules using an ELM327 interface can take a really long time. I updated my (spare) instrument cluster with the small display some time ago and even at the highest possible Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps the update procedure took over an hour. Updating the instrument cluster with the large full color display can easily take 4 to 5 hours to complete.

The Sat Nav SD-card can not be updated yourself. If you want the new maps you have to buy a new original SD-card. These cards have a very good protection which until now has never been hacked.