Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tax Free Tv Anyone?

Ianb

In Jersey (Channel Islands) sorting out wedding stuff with the wife to be and I spotted this TV in a shop window, remember how much of a bargain it is as it's got no vat on it... (although it may have 5%gst depending on the shops turnover)...

Details on top left of the TV screen..

post-30230-14417877131_thumb.jpg

My husband's got a projector so technically a 100" telly box, that was only a couple grand.

Am I being tight? Lol

• Like 1

It is about the size you need, to see the benefit of 4K, unless you like to sit 2' from your TV.

I would rather have a projector for that size than pay £15K though.

55" seems to be a good size to cost ratio at the moment, local indy electronics shop I got mine from said it is because that is the maximum size they can fit 4 panels per manufacturing process.

So a 60" has a big jump in cost, due to them only being able to get 2 (maybe 3) panels from each "sheet", or however they do it, lol.

• Like 2

Haha, it's insane, I saw it and was like "FOR 15k I'D WANT A CINEMA!"

The thing that is even more nuts is Yeh ok, it's ultra HD or whatever, but unless what you watch was filmed in ultra HD, it's not gonna be ultra HD!

Then I was thinking, surely the kind of person who could drop 15k on a counter for a TV, isn't the kind of person who would be window shopping in a shop that isn't even on the highstreet... Infact it's about 4-5 streets over from the high street..

• Like 1

I saw a TV Costco the other day for £29,999.99. I was staring at the price tag for ages in confusion as my eye's could see it was £30k but my brain couldn't comprehend.

• Like 2

Jersey isn't a tax haven without good reason :)

I saw a TV Costco the other day for £29,999.99. I was staring at the price tag for ages in confusion as my eye's could see it was £30k but my brain couldn't comprehend.

Thats the thing, I saw it and was like no way....

Even if I had so much money that it was the relative cost of a TV... Idk my car costs 200k and my house 2mil, so 15-30k for a TV is about the right budget, I couldn't imagine ever seeing it as a good buy, nor do I watch enough TV to justify the £150 TV I bought 4 years ago hahaha...

• Like 1

15k? I could buy several cars for that!!!

I dont se the point in big TV's, HD is good, and we have a 24" I think, more tan adequate, but we dont have a house with 20 rooms, so thats probaly why I do not see the appeal :p

I don't see the appeal of big TV's either, my Nan's is 'huge' (40" at a guess) and you can't watch the whole thing at once due to the proximity of seats so miss half the programme! :lol:

Viewing angle is more important than screen size.

The size TV you "need" is based on how far you sit from it and the content you are going to watch on it.

I think I would rather have that on th bank gaining interest...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'd rather buy a house and classic car with it...both appreciating in value and very little risk (they'd be insured unlike banks!).

There'd still be plenty to put into a high interest account as well though. :D

• Like 1

I suppose that 98inch or w/e TV I posted 15k one would be great for watching the rugby world cup or sports in general etc, but idk, I'd feel like a bit of a saddo getting my friends round because I have the biggest TV....especially when they ask how much it was and laugh for the rest of the time...

• Like 1

Still cheaper than buying from a Brighthouse shop :D

I like projectors but the tubes don't last long and cost a bomb to replace (plus you can't see them in anything other than a blacked-out room).

Still cheaper than buying from a Brighthouse shop :D

I like projectors but the tubes don't last long and cost a bomb to replace (plus you can't see them in anything other than a blacked-out room).

We've had ours since we moved just over 3yrs ago and the bulb is still going strong, need to get a new one soon though as we're certain it's on its last legs lol

True about the darkened room though, we've got the screen to come down over the window (ceiling mounted) , works a treat even in the middle of the day

That's crazier than my next install!!

I'm an audio visual tech and due to install a 65" LED in a local church to go with the 2x 48" LED's we fitted last month :blink:

Personally I like a proportionally correct TV for the room, no room should have a wall that is 75% TV, it's just bonkers!!

• Like 1

That's crazier than my next install!!

I'm an audio visual tech and due to install a 65" LED in a local church to go with the 2x 48" LED's we fitted last month :blink:

Personally I like a proportionally correct TV for the room, no room should have a wall that is 75% TV, it's just bonkers!!

Council flats + 60" tvs are pretty hand in hand...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club