Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Smoke On Start Up

ghsaunders40

Hi all.

I'm currently driving my wife's 1.0 10ps ecoboost as a new baby has forced is to swap cars due to space.

Running it about 800 miles per week and averaging 57 mpg.

Last night on cold start up I noticed smoke at the front of the car (headlights showed it up as it was dark). Thought I had imagined it. Waited until the engine was nice and warm and accelerated sharply from 30-75 with a car behind me. No smoke on acceleration at all.

Again tonight, smoke on cold start up defiantly coming from the car (not condinsation)

The cat has 25k and is 27 months old. oil changes every 6 months or 5k and always been run on bp ultimate. Not using any oil between fuel fill ups. No loss of power or stuttering. Pulling well and smoothly. I'm going to book it in to ford, but has anyone seen this before?

P.s. I've noticed the oil pressure warning light stays on for 2 or so seconds on a cold start.

Thanks.

G

oil light on up to 2 secs normal, can you see smoke in daylight and if so what colour? Can you smell it? Can you video it and post it up for us to see?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No, it can't be seen in the day, but I will check in the morning. In the headlights it looks white, but cant be sure.

In terms of smell, it is like a burning smell, it Mah be oil, but its not strong. This lasts for 10 seconds or so, then to a normal cold petrol engine smell.

Thanks,

G.

Next time you start it, open the bonnet first, then start it and have a look see if you can pinpoint it, no coolant loss?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Mad week. Sorry I did not reply sooner.

I've had no noticeable smoke until today.

Started the car and reversed uphill. I had puffs of faint black smoke. I have had nothing all week. The only difference in journey pattern was i did some urban driving (normally do motorway) Still not using oil, coolant or running hot. Got it booked in at dealer, but they seem to be out of ideas.

Thanks b

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club