Do Not Sell My Personal Information

02ka Headlights

aussie-owner

As i said in my intro, we have a 2002 KA and apart from a new stereo ,its stock, it is a great little car for town but now we live in the bush and im getting sick of getting out with a torch to see if the headlights are on.

So my question is, what can i do, can i use some 100w globes, or will this melt the lot, i have seen a lot of great looking assemblies that can be used to replace the originals, but zip is available for the KA here in oz.

My wife who drives this to work will be happy as if i can get better lights, remember, happy wife, happy life, so comon fellas i need some help here.

Jaycee

• Like 1

You can't use a higher wattage unless you want to melt the headlights.

I don't know what the law is in Australia for HID kits?

Otherwise what about some auxiliary lights? Might look a bit rally though, lol.

• Like 2

"If HID Kit is not available try xenon upgrades"

Xenon lamps are a type of HID

Do you mean whiter halegon bulbs?

*I eat my words... There's xenon HID & xenon filled ;) mwahaha

Standard bulbs filled with xenon gas as opposed to halogen, as per the attached link I have replaced all my halogen bulbs with these.

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Performance+Bulbs/01+Performance+-+XenonUltima/RW1277

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Standard bulbs filled with xenon gas as opposed to halogen, as per the attached link I have replaced all my halogen bulbs with these.

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Performance+Bulbs/01+Performance+-+XenonUltima/RW1277

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See above ^^ haha, my bad

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well Gdayowyaallgoen, for those of you who dont speak english that well, i said hello how are you all going, and seeing some of you are having trouble with my aussie accent i will speak in pommie english so no need to translate, ok here we go in pommie.

I would like to thank you all for the assistance you have given, it has saved me a lot of grief if i had fitted some roo spotters, opps, very bright lights that melted the fittings, not a good look.

After looking around i found 2 places with what was recommended, one of those places was Repco, not sure if you have them over there but here in aust, (notice i didnt use oz) we have a nickname for them, and that is Rip Every Por ## off, (the hash is for the ladies) anyway finally got what i wanted at Supercheap and they were on special, so changed the lot, and its not that hard, dont know why so many winge about how hard it is, so now we have mickey mouse lights (um in oz that means ## hot, um, err, ok,good lights ) so if any of ya are passing drop in for a stubbie or two, your help has beeen invaluable.

Regards,

Ya aussie mate

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club