Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzing Around Injectors

boro84

Afternoon all,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMnQ_190D-s

Here's a video of my mk3 Mondy TDCI. It has 134,000 miles on the clock and has started misfiring randomly. Have noticed that when it starts 'struggling', i get this electrical buzzing/beeping noise (which stops as soon as the misfiring does! It also started doing it after returning to idle after revving it slightly.

I've had the injectors tested today and they've come back saying that one of them has a 'slight' fault and the return valve or something needs replacing, but aren't convinced this is causing my issue. Reading through other posts on here, it looks like another alternative would be a possible software update, but was wondering if anyone else could give me any more ideas?

Ta!

Update:

New injector fitted and misfiring has gone, but the beeping/buzzing from injector/fuel rail area is still there whenever turning the car off. Anyone know if this is normal, i can't remember it originally doing it?

I think the buzzing and beeping is normal when turning off. I'm not sure why or what causes it but I've heard a lot of Mondeos do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC