Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White marks on car after leaving in garage

TonyEssex

Hi all

Have gone to get my car out the garage today and found little white marks on the paintwork

The roof is not painted so cant be paint falling on it

No sign of any holes in the roof so cant be a bird

Could it be spider droppings? If so whts the best way to remove without affecting the paint work, and then how do i get rid of spiders from my garage?

pics to help solve mystery (note happened to last car in garage too) was not on car before being put in the garage

640.jpg

643.jpg

Probably a silly question, but are you sure they appeared while it was in the garage ... could they have happened outside and you didn't notice until the next day?

The only reason I'm mentioning it is that a few years ago I left my car parked outside a building I was visiting and when I came back it was covered in dozens of tiny white spots. Turned out that some painters had been working fairly close by, earlier in the day, and as it was windy it was almost raining fine gloss white paint - they must have been a messy bunch! (It was a slightly older car so I 'very carefully' scraped off the spots with a scalpel and then T-cutted it. As yours is a newer car, there may be better ways though - maybe someone else can think of some form of 'mild and harmless' chemical to clean them off.

Sarc.

[EDIT]: Sorry, just seen your second post where you mention that it wasn't on the car before parking it in the garage. In that case, feel free to ignore this post! :wacko:

as far as i know its an iron paneled roof, can get some pics done in the daylight.

the blobs appear to have been a type of liquid which has cooled and dried on the metal.

have seen black marks and white, more white.

possible asbestos, garage built in the 50's

if its asbestos that doesnt sound safe at all :o

as far as i know its an iron paneled roof, can get some pics done in the daylight.

the blobs appear to have been a type of liquid which has cooled and dried on the metal.

have seen black marks and white, more white.

possible asbestos, garage built in the 50's

if its asbestos that doesnt sound safe at all :o

It won't be asbestos Tony. Asbestos is a dry fibre-like material - it doesn't 'drip'.

I've no idea what's causing those spots though... :huh:

ok done a bit more research and im 90% certain ive got an asbetos roof

:angry:

does asbestos on contact with metal leave white marks on a car?

slightly concerned now

if it is asbestos and its flaking i would consult some 1 ie council or private contractor but depends on how old garage is because asbestos was caled and mixed with something else after the 30's we think not sure but pleas check it out..

ok going to get anti instect repellent spray and see if that works

asbestos is like a dust not blobby

im going to kill them all getting the car dirty arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Once you get the marks off why dont you invest in a cheap car cover,£20 or £30 is little enought to spend on a £14,000 or so car to keep in from all these marks,especially if your garage is very leaky like the titanic.

as faras spiders go,never seen any as big as that to make that sort of mark........you could get some conkers and hang them in you garage especially in the corners and on the floor.............spiders hate the smell they give off and wont go near them...........honestly

Hi all

Have gone to get my car out the garage today and found little white marks on the paintwork

The roof is not painted so cant be paint falling on it

No sign of any holes in the roof so cant be a bird

Could it be spider droppings? If so whts the best way to remove without affecting the paint work, and then how do i get rid of spiders from my garage?

Same problem - spider poo! Me too. Unfortunately, you'll never eradicate spiders from a garage... At least it does seem to wash off without staining the paintwork.

pics to help solve mystery (note happened to last car in garage too) was not on car before being put in the garage

640.jpg

643.jpg

weird i should log on today and see this post , i too am having problems with the same white spots on my car,usually have a slight yellowish tint in the middle,the culprit,!Removed! starlings,i have watched them fly from my roof and as they do they spray the cars with there crap , does anyone know if its illegal to shoot the little buggers :angry:

does anyone know if its illegal to shoot the little buggers :angry:

we're not watching..... :rolleyes:

is it conker season yet?

i think car cover is going to be best

will try conkers and repellent first then report back

if its starlings they must be some kind of ninja starlings

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club