Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Camera

Smidgey

Hi guys has any one fitted the camera in the picture I'm adding I'm just wondering if it's the right 1 as I've order it and I'm just wondering what happens to the old build that would be in the standard light do I need to cut it and cap the cable some how and then how does the light in the camera work do I need to connect that's to the old cut off lights wire please can someone find or give me step by step guide to fitting thanks guys

post-63954-0-49553100-1442000240_thumb.j

post-63954-0-09173800-1442000268_thumb.j

i used a similar camera until i replaced it with the door handle camera. the light fitting gets removed but you will need to secure the bulb holder in something water proof, i taped mine up then sealed the join with silicone, glade i did because the camera packed in due to water ingress. Damned if I know how, but I did. Probably worth checking the camera for any joins and sealing them before you install it.

So the old bulb holder does not get cut off I just remove the bulb and leave it behind the camera how does the 2 LED Bulbs on the camera work with the headlights at night then

Just attach some crimp terminals to the red and black wire, attach them to the original light wires and tape/shrink seal the joints to avoid water ingress and to stop the connections coming apart inside the hatch (thus requiring a strip out of interior trim to find the little beggars again).

5 minutes with a crimp tool, wire stripper and 2 male bayonet crimp connectors of the right size.

I'd prepare the connectors off the car but just pop one light out to get the right size of connector.

So cut off the old 501 bulb then attach wire to them cut end or can I remove bulb tape it to stop water then sotchlok each wire together

On my Kuga I just removed the bulb holder and fabricated a "501" plug using plasticard and some thin copper strip. I soldered the copper strip to the two number plate wires. That way if ever you need to take off the camera all you have to do is remove the plug and refit the bulb holder. I also replaced the filament bulb in the other number plate light with a LED so that the two lights were white.

HTH

Peter401

Yer thought of getting leds for other 1 as well I just need to sort out the right way to to wire it so the lights works for when lights are on

• 2 weeks later...

That is why I fabricated a plug, if it does not work turn it 180 degrees and it should work. Being a tight individual I bought a number plate light camera and 7 inch monitor through e-bay (Hong Kong and China) total cost including wiring and fittings around £50. It has worked perfectly on my Kuga for at least 3 years. Look at the Kuga Owners Club forum for how to install. Just don't use a pressure washer when cleaning the back of the car!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Yer got all mine through a website called aliexpress can also get phone app lol all comes from China and is cheaper then getting it in UK and I got number player light 1 with 5 inch monitor