Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An 06 Focus 1.6tdci Has A Dpf Doesn't It

Stu9

£750 is cheap - way too cheap - I wonder why ?

• Like 1

£750 and how many miles?

135000....It's advertised for 1200 I offered that, they said yes

it was mot's 2 weeks ago (kwik fit...nuff said) It's really a lot of advisories..

Both front wishbones, front discs, brake pipes, trail arm bushes and front tyres

• Like 1

So you offered £450 (nearly 40 % ) less than the asking price & they bit your hand off - I can hear the alarm bells from here !

Edited by MONDEO TXS 2.2
  • Like 2

So you offered £450 (nearly 40 % ) less & they bit your hand off - I can hear the alarm bells from here !

No....It's selling for 1200 I offered 750

I guess it still is kinda dodgy as they said they were out the other day and cut and the eml came, it started again and eml went out!

I don't think I've had one go out after coming on or if I have, don't remember when

No....It's selling for 1200 I offered 750

He said £450 less than price...

But yes, as much as I don't like 1.6 trash talking, I'm inclined to agree that their acceptance rings alarm bells....

I guess it does...especially when they've lost the main key/fob and only got one that had to be programmed by a mobile guy, plus when I went to see it I turned it on, got all lights ect but didn't start then suddenly did mmmmmm

Maybe I should leave it....wear/tear mechanicals to be replaced are one thing but electrics are another and can run into hundreds and could end up costing the same again to put right....you've really got me thinking now

I refer you to my earlier post in this topic ( post number 3 ) ! :)

Just don't get it....

Unless you're happy to take on what sounds like a lemon. Really a car like that with that many little things here and there really requires someone that I'd going in there saying "I want this and I know what to do with anything that goes wrong, if it goes too wrong, I'll strip it for parts and make my money back"

Rather than yourself (and me, it's not a personal attack) who came onto this umming and ahhing, hoping to get some encouragement and support and finding very little.. I might be way off, but you sound like the type of person that is going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place when the car turns out to be a dud.

Just my ill advised opinion, it's your money, your choice, but I suspect the replies you hoped were going to come about have not appeared yet, and probably never will....

Edit: if you do decide to buy the car then I have some bottled air from the top of Everest you might be interested in, a fortune in African dollars and a plot of land left to me by a rich benefactor in the US, all of which you might be interested in...

• Like 1

I can think of a lot of better things to spend £750 on than a pig in a poke & that's without taking into account the engines reputation :)

I'm almost tempted to pay you not to buy it :) !

I must have read at least 20 different new topics on several Ford forums regarding the DV6TED4 engine just today !

Some of them on here too

• Like 1

DPF alone is worth 800

I'm now hoping it has one 😀

• Like 1

That sums it up Lenny - the dpf is worth more than the seller wants for the entire car !

• Like 1

That sums it up Lenny - the dpf is worth more than the seller wants for the entire car !

at the price though it allows room for investment in preventive maintenance I mean if it blows turbo in the morning it's still worth more than 750 in parts

I thought the car was being purchased to use & drive & not break or scrap ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club