Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Normal Rpm?

la_midgeet

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you can help me...

I've only been driving 6 months and my Focus 1.8 petrol 57 plate is my first car,

when driving at 70Mph my Revs are at 3.5K Rpm,

80Mph at 4K Rpm

90+ at 4.5K Rpm (not that i drive at these speeds, honest :rolleyes:)

Is this normal? I had my dad drive it ( hes been driving since before I was born) and he didn't know if it was right.

Then to top it of I drove a work car, (a hideous Vauxhall corsa 12 plate) and at 70Mph, it ran at 2.5k Rpm, (wasn't allowed faster as it was tracked.)

any ideas or suggestions?

Not sure if its related but it also like to try and stall when using clutch control (another thing that I had someone test so I know its not operator error. (this doesn't bother me too much. just not sure if its related))

Cheers guys =]

Cheers guys

It's also normally a quiet runner until it gets to 70Mph+ then gets noisier (again not sure if related)

60 mph Is 2800rpm 70mph is 3200 rpm zetecs are high revving engines that's when you get the best out of them

• Like 1

Awesome, Cheers for confirming this, got to admit, it does move when at those speeds, just wanted to make sure i wasn't burning out the engine, expensive first car, too expensive to ruinthe engine haha!

any ideas on the stalling bit?

Depends on how you drive it the focus has a high bite point compared to others and can catch people out easily otherwise I would check the hoses around the engine to make sure one hasn't split

that pretty much explains it. The person who tested for me has never owned a focus, nor Zetec. So that would probably explain it.

cheers for all your help :)

It takes a bit of getting used to compared to some other cars I jumped into an almera the other day and it felt strange as the clutch bite was really low down you'll soon get it just remember the bite is passed halfway up a bit more revs and you'll get it

• Like 1

I did start upping the revs, even that took a while as kept wheel spinning in wet weather, think I'm finally get grips. Just the occasional stall now :D much nicer then any other car I have driven. Think it'll be hard for me to leave focus's now haha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club