Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Discs And Pads

stu412t

Hi everyone. I have a Ford Mondeo 2.0 ecoboost titanium sport 2010. It needs new front discs and pads. If I choose non ford parts which brand would you go for. And where to buy them. Infact what is the best Web site for my car as I am struggling to find one. Thanx in advance.

Stuart.

Without doubt it would be Pagid from eurocarparts or carparts4less. I use them all the time and never had any issues yet. The discs have a 'painted' finish which does not require cleaning like the usual oil coating and does help to keep the discs looking better for longer on the edges where they normally rust quite quickly.

• Like 1

+ 1 for pagid and europarts, I've used there disks and pads on my last two mondeos and the missus Skoda Roomster

I have been told that Pagid produce more brake dust than usual.

I was thinking like a more performance spec disc and pad.

In another note can anyone tell me if there is a performance Ford website maybe even replacement exterior panels like I better looking grill etc???

If your after something with a touch more ' bite' I've not long fitted m- tec discs all round..they are counter sunk drilled and grooved and about £160 for the four discs, look good too..

Stuart, can't say that Pagid produce more dust than others I've certainly not noticed OE Ford produce lots of dust if the brakes on my missus new Fiesta are anything to go by

• Like 1

Stuart, can't say that Pagid produce more dust than others I've certainly not noticed OE Ford produce lots of dust if the brakes on my missus new Fiesta are anything to go by

I agree with Pete on this, never had any more dust than any other standard compound pad,

You want list of brands, which is of limited use, but here is mine:

Mintex

Pagid

Brembo

Ferodo

(EBC have some good pads but are a bit more expensive)

Another place you should look for parts prices is Camskills

• 3 weeks later...

be careful with pagid. Most parts under that name are from china and made for euro'parts. I personally use EBC red, no brake fade and no squeel under pressure

Nowt wrong with Pagid, make OE for a few manufactures, VAG group for one

• Like 1

be careful with pagid. Most parts under that name are from china and made for euro'parts. I personally use EBC red, no brake fade and no squeel under pressure

I've been fitting them to all sorts of cars for a while now, never had any complaints. There are far worse brake parts out there. Eicher would probably be one of them (supplied by ECP).

• Like 2

Pagid are also an Original Equipment manufacturer for Porsche, including the Carrera Cup racing cars. That wouldn't be happening if they were all inferior Chinese rubbish.

Eicher, now that is another matter...

• Like 2

Pagid are made in Germany, also they offer a 25 month/25k defect warranty if fitted by a garage and you register for it. Pagid are only available from Eurocarparts, if you get them from anywhere else then they will be fakes

Eicher are made at the old Mintex Factory in Scotland, TDM Friction make Mintex, Don, Textar, Pagid and Cobreq.

• Like 3

They are made for a company that's in Germany. A VERY good friend of mine is fairly high up in the euro'parts company so I sort of get the heads up on that sort of thing

They are made for a company that's in Germany. A VERY good friend of mine is fairly high up in the euro'parts company so I sort of get the heads up on that sort of thing

He might be high up in ECP but if he doesn't actually fit them then excuse my ignorance but what does he know? I've fitted hundreds of sets of pads and discs, pagid being my preffered brand and i can safely say I have never had any issues or doubts over them.

• Like 3

Perhaps I should've said be wary of the brand rather than just the pads. Paris by definition are a budget brand and should be known as such. As someone once said you get what you pay for

Shiner your right Pagid are rubbish! why else would they give 25 month/25 k warranty and please do your research properly before spouting nonsense

• Like 3

Hey what would I know, I just used to run a branch for the country's largest hire companies and a friend of one of the buyers for ECP

What sort of hire company, tools? If it was cars then you should realise that you where the main dealers Bread and Butter or should I say Caviar and Blinis with extra Champagne.

I have a friend that deals in Diamonds, but I know nowt about em.

Oh and my dads a policeman!!

• Like 1

Your dad's a police man, really, what force? If it's the met then ask him what parts Babcock use, I guarantee its not pagid

Your dad's a police man, really, what force? If it's the met then ask him what parts Babcock use, I guarantee its not pagid

Given I work for Babock in Scotland, they probably use any old crap :lol:

• Like 4

My dads old. Lol

Mines dead and has been for 25 years. Bloomin good carpenter though, where's the smileys when you need them

• Like 4

Believe it or not the ECP vans are in and out all day long but they don't use pagid. The main problem is Euro's will buy from the cheapest at the time without a care for consistent quality. I've had wheel bearings fail in three weeks then fit another that's still running today. I've had the same with window regulators. Had one and it was knackered so had it replaced, when it was delivered the driver said it'll work Coz it's from a different supplier even though they were in the same box

Believe it or not the ECP vans are in and out all day long but they don't use pagid. The main problem is Euro's will buy from the cheapest at the time without a care for consistent quality. I've had wheel bearings fail in three weeks then fit another that's still running today. I've had the same with window regulators. Had one and it was knackered so had it replaced, when it was delivered the driver said it'll work Coz it's from a different supplier even though they were in the same box

The biggest concern I have with ECP's is this..

As you have already mentioned they buy parts from hundreds of brands under the sun, some of which are absolute garbage - which is where the problems start. Many people think, oh its ECP there stuff is good. Well it is, if you know your brands!

Stick with the leading brands, gates, Dayco, ina, skf, Continental, LuK, sachs, lemforder, Bosch, ngk and so on.

Brands such as eicher, q drive, guttman, transmech, RTX etc are the cheap nasty stuff - especially transmech clutches!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club