Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newer Style Keyless Remote?

minimadgriff

Good Evening All,

Has anyone with this older style keyless remote

post-45038-0-23632600-1442429987_thumb.j

Managed to have this newer style coded to their car?

post-45038-0-80211900-1442429992_thumb.j

Thanks,

Pats chip will work so car will start but you can't make it unlock the doors. It's same frequency but it sends out a different command that only the newer shape cars accept.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been through ecat and the only thing I can find that is different is the holder for the key in the steering column due to it being able to hold the whole key should the battery die in the remote and also the antenna that is located else where in the car is different. Both these part coincide with the release of the later style key.

The transmitter round the steering column is the same.

2008 to mid 2011 antenna - 6G9T-15K602-AB or 6G9T-15K602-AC or 6G9T-15K602-AD

Mid 2011 on antenna - 6G9T-15K602-BA or 6G9T-15K602-BB

I am guessing if you change the antenna it will work?

I have had both remotes,

the first one on a mk 2.5 titanium (60 plate)

and the 2nd type on my 2013 mk3 titanium x

Jamie

Yes as I said it will start the car no problem but good luck getting in it in the first place. It's not a case of coding it the fob is not backwards compatible with the central locking system full stop

Weird as he's coded them and they unlock doors as well wether the internals are different I don't know but he has done them and they work like any normal key

Weird as he's coded them and they unlock doors as well wether the internals are different I don't know but he has done them and they work like any normal key

Really? I've tried getting my sisters done but they will start the car but not unlock it. Mine are genuine from ford parts counter are yours the Chinese clones by chance? As these will work funnily enough but not the genuine ones. Im now wondering Maybe her cars got a different gem and won't communicate with the newer style key

Ive no idea where he gets them they aren't genuine ford I don't think but the guy codes them etc for the dealers

• Like 1