Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 125 Ecoboost, Which Remap?

dameyy1

Hey guys,

I'm currently considering a couple of remaps for my currently stock Zetec S 125. Here are my two options:

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&model=2&fueltype=3&variant=2559

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Special-Offer-10T-Ecoboost-150-bhp-Plus-Power-Upgrade_16287.jsp

Either way, I would be looking to get the Milltek Exhaust, and some form of induction kit anyway (J1 if not puma speed) so I guess the question is in the reliability of the remap.

Does anyone have experience of either one, or possible other suggestions?

Also, anyone know the best place to get flyeye/headlight tint?

Thanks,

D

post-67072-0-17031400-1442436046_thumb.j

My girlfriend has the Bluefin remap on her car and has done for the past 2 years (13plate fiesta zetec) and has had no problems with a big change in acceleration. However, the figures they give can sometimes be quite optimistic with her car tested on a dyno at consistently 5-10 hp less than that stated on their website but this may just be because of her car/engine obviously with this many variables its hard to tell. definitley would recommend getting the bluefin though. Very easy to install too!

Bluefin is good value for money IMHO, but the Mountune MR165 is what I'd seriously recommend ;)

• Like 1

Would it not make more sense just to get bluefin for £399 then get an induction kit for £150 or so? Nothing about the monotone makes sense to me.

The puma speed remap also includes induction kit, milltek and the 150 remap

bluefin is designed/mapped for fitting and forgetting, no modifications. adding intake/exhaust mods changes the characteristics of the tune (which can negatively affect the map)

• Like 1

To get proper increases, you also need to improve induction and the intercooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

So it makes sense to get the pumaspeed kit, which I'm assuming is all configured to work together?

Not sure if that Pumaspeed decat will pass the MOT, even adding the sports cat and resonated pushes the price to £1427 fitted. All for 150bhp?.

Don't forget to tell your insurance mate.

The pumaspeed decat would not pass MOT, stated on their website.

I've also got options of the Milltek Cat Back Non Res for £498. This would pass the MOT.

Have you looked at Mountunes MR165 offering?,

Mountune have many years experience working on Ford models.

Bluefins the cheapest option, but limits future mods.

Pumaspeed offer a 167 bhp which is way more pricey than the MR165.

Yeah, I've just had a look at the MR165, but this in no way includes the milltek exhaust. I understand the thought process though

Mountune MR 165 : £ 1665

Bluefin : £ 399

Even better do what I've done ....

Get a cheap bluefin device (bf06) from eBay sell about 15quid then send it to superchips and get the map you want for £240 + 15

£255!!!

Have you looked at Mountunes MR165 offering?,

Mountune have many years experience working on Ford models.

Bluefins the cheapest option, but limits future mods.

Pumaspeed offer a 167 bhp which is way more pricey than the MR165.

Am sure when I was speaking to them they were thinking about adding a stage 2 map

Whichever remap you decide on, it's imperative to do any mods before the remap & not after.

• Like 4

Am sure when I was speaking to them they were thinking about adding a stage 2 map

A stage 2 map from Superchips?!!

A stage 2 map from Superchips?!!

Aye apparently there gonna work on one just message them and ask them

Thanks! Already sent a message. I'll let you know when they send me back

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Super chips map on my EcoBoost 125 and it s been great makes a big difference to how the car drives although it can be a bit of a handful if you pull out of a junction on lock and are too aggressive with the throttle. I put mine on with the Bluefin handset at 2000 miles and have now done 4600 miles and with city driving mostly I get around 37 Mpg for those that care.

In the future I would be very interested in getting the Mountune intercooler and pipe work to see if that would give anything more with a one off re map not interested in changing the air filter to a crude pre oil type element as I would much sooner change the standard paper one more often.

I have a Super chips map on my EcoBoost 125 and it s been great makes a big difference to how the car drives although it can be a bit of a handful if you pull out of a junction on lock and are too aggressive with the throttle. I put mine on with the Bluefin handset at 2000 miles and have now done 4600 miles and with city driving mostly I get around 37 Mpg for those that care.

In the future I would be very interested in getting the Mountune intercooler and pipe work to see if that would give anything more with a one off re map not interested in changing the air filter to a crude pre oil type element as I would much sooner change the standard paper one more often.

Don't get mountunes intercooler it's crap get airtec stage 2 works so much better Collins sell it expensive tho but very affective!

I'll be looking for a remap soon too, don't see the point in bluefin as I'll be getting exhaust/intercooler/induction kit but unsure what else to get

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I'll be looking for a remap soon too, don't see the point in bluefin as I'll be getting exhaust/intercooler/induction kit but unsure what else to get

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I've messaged this before somewhere but al write it again

I know someone who does remaps etc

He says the montune mr165 (163bhp)

The map itself is actually only 154-156bhp then with all the hoses induction kit & intercooler (which is crap btw) takes it to 163

He said if you had all that with a better intercooler on a car then added bluefin you would be looking at around the same figure as the mr165

Aslong as you get all the stuff before you remap the car with bluefin

hello,

me on a 125 I would stay on the Bluefin only with induction kit and filter ! I fear that too much power and torque are harming the clutch !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club