Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Zetec SE Crankshaft Pulley Removal

Automech

:( I need to remove the pulley to change the timing belt and I have the correct setting tools. The problem is that the pulley is not the usual one which has cut-outs to use a holding bar. Instead the engine has a double pulley with no slots or bolt holes. I suspect that there is a holding pin which fits in the timing pin hole. Does anyone know if this is so, how to use it, a part number for it, or any other suggestion for removing the pulley, such as removing the starter motor. Because I am working alone I do not want to try holding the flywheel while slackening/tightening the pulley nut. The car is on an 54 plate.

:( I need to remove the pulley to change the timing belt and I have the correct setting tools. The problem is that the pulley is not the usual one which has cut-outs to use a holding bar. Instead the engine has a double pulley with no slots or bolt holes. I suspect that there is a holding pin which fits in the timing pin hole. Does anyone know if this is so, how to use it, a part number for it, or any other suggestion for removing the pulley, such as removing the starter motor. Because I am working alone I do not want to try holding the flywheel while slackening/tightening the pulley nut. The car is on an 54 plate.

dont use the timing pin it will break off if you do its just used to set the timing up

the way i did it was to put car in 4th gear and got some one to hold the brakes on

and it is very tight hope this helps ;)

Thanks for that Dezwez, I'll try that before anything else, but was that method ok for retightening the nut bearing in mind that there is no key on the shaft?

Thanks for that Dezwez, I'll try that before anything else, but was that method ok for retightening the nut bearing in mind that there is no key on the shaft?

i retightend my one like it and it was fine. my one is 1.8 petrol

and the hole in the pully did not line up with the tool i bought.

hold the brakes as hard as poss and thigten up as tight as you can the more the better

also hanes say you should renew the pully bolt which i did ;)