Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are The Best H7 Headlights?

Cookey09

Hello everyone! I know I've had the exact same topic post before, but after buying a pair of Philips white vision and having them in for a while and having them alongside 6000k osram 501 sidelights, they do seem rather yellowish, so I'm wondering what everyone thinks is the best h7 light with the whitest light and better light output regarding beam strength...

I appreciate what people put in the last topic, just need to refresh it by bringing it up again.

Thanks in advance!

Cookey.

To get in there quickly, you cannot safely have whiter lights without using HIDs. Any standard bulbs that offer above 4300k will simply not give a good enough light for driving with, even if they are aesthetically pleasing.

• Like 2

Yeah, I understand that mate, cheers, it's just the white visions I have in are 4300k, but I'm wondering how the likes of osram cool blue intense/hyper perform? And the Philips crystal vision?

OBJECTION YOUR HONOUR!

Bosch Pure Light are the best bulbs!

So say I, the Great Goodkat, in my experience and opinion.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

I always tended towards nightbreaker unlimited.

Not the whitest bulbs but by god they are bright.

Especially good on motorways where they really come into their own, they illuminate signs/lines/catseyes very well.

The high beam ones are like a floodlight.

• Like 3

I can also vouch for osram nightbreakers i have them for high beam and they are insane if you are looking for aesthetically pleasing lights then as mentioned above HID's are really your only option but some of these alternatives seem to have as much light output as more expensive hids/leds anyway

• Like 1

Not really wanting to go down the hid route, just want the best h7 with the whitest light and the best light output

Here's your delemma cookey

The whiter the light, the less output you get.

• Like 1

I understand that mate, just wondering what the cool blue intense/hyper look like and perform like against the white vision, plenty of people are probably wondering the same thing, it just needs clearing up haha, I know you've got the osram night breakers in and for you they're the best.

• Like 2

Yeah true. I had HIDs in the last Fiesta and they were brilliant. There a pain to fit but will give you exactly what you want.

20140204_065152_zpsnmffvm4i.jpg

20140130_184812_zps5od6vf6n.jpg

• Like 1

Love those pictures mate, and say if I had to do the whole hid, what's the prices? Including washers and auto levelling? what's the reliability and has any issues arised?

What headlight is it that you have in now? Osram nightbreakers?

Here's your delemma cookey

The whiter the light, the less output you get.

The less Visible Output ;)

• Like 1

Love those pictures mate, and say if I had to do the whole hid, what's the prices? Including washers and auto levelling? what's the reliability and has any issues arised?

What headlight is it that you have in now? Osram nightbreakers?

Doing the whole hid thing will need so much moding it's not worth it, even if it's possible. I just used H7 4300k 35w HID bulbs that cost around £40.

The pictures are of the HIDs but I'm using the nightbreakers now.

• Like 1

Doing the whole hid thing will need so much moding it's not worth it, even if it's possible. I just used H7 4300k 35w HID bulbs that cost around £40.

Cost me £25 for bixenon projectors, £10 for bulbs & £20 for ballasts

Passed MOT no problem, and others have followed my guide using the exact same parts with no problems

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had an incline it wouldn't be worth it and too much hassle mate, how did the hid bulbs of yours perform? Did they melt anything around them? What was the light output like? The whiteness of them? And what made you switch to the nightbreakers?

Have a read here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/51546-fiesta-st2-hid-kit-help-required/

Only issue I had was black lines which was solved by putting them in upside down with a bit of moding. On my new Fiesta I've decided not to mod the headlights and go with the Osram bulbs.

The NightBreaker are nice and bright and match the LED sidelights nicely. There are other bulbs out there that will be whiter but I wanted more light output.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, appreciate it, which led sidelights do you have in bud?

post-5052-144270375026_thumb.jpg

On my Titanium X. There built into the headlight. You've got a ZS?

Ah right mate, and no, I've got a 5door zetec with dress up kit on, I've got osram 6000k w5w 501 sidelights, h15 halogen DRLS, from eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291421710071?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And Philips white vision h7's...

To get in there quickly, you cannot safely have whiter lights without using HIDs. Any standard bulbs that offer above 4300k will simply not give a good enough light for driving with, even if they are aesthetically pleasing.

The thing is the manufacturers sometimes lie about the colour temperatures. Philips claim both their Whitevision and Crystalvision are 4300k, but the Crystalvisions are noticeably whiter.

• Like 1

The thing is the manufacturers sometimes lie about the colour temperatures. Philips claim both their Whitevision and Crystalvision are 4300k, but the Crystalvisions are noticeably whiter.

Alright, I've got the white visions in and seem to give a yellow light out in the headlamp unit, but they don't look yellow on the road...

Would you recommend the crystal visions then?

What h7's do you have in mate?

Alright, I've got the white visions in and seem to give a yellow light out in the headlamp unit, but they don't look yellow on the road...

Would you recommend the crystal visions then?

What h7's do you have in mate?

I have the Crystalvisions and yes I would recommend them. They look white unless compared side-by-side with HIDs or anything that's whiter, and the only downside is that they aren't road legal. But if people are passing MOTs with HIDs then that's nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Can I just add.. HIDs aren't just white. They range from Orange/yellow, to white, to blue, to purple, to green! :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have the Crystalvisions and yes I would recommend them. They look white unless compared side-by-side with HIDs or anything that's whiter, and the only downside is that they aren't road legal. But if people are passing MOTs with HIDs then that's nothing to worry about.

Alright, thanks for that bud, do you know how they compare against the likes of the osram cool blue intense/intense hyper?

And nah can't see them causing a fuss mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club