Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter/all Season Tyres

Randoms

I'm curious how many others will be switching to/buying winter/all season tyres this year?

Do you think it's worth the extra cost/gamble?

Not me, I've driven 36 winters & summers quite safely on whatever tyres were on the cars as standard with no issues

• Like 2

Not me, I've driven 36 winters & summers quite safely on whatever tyres were on the cars as standard with no issues

And me nearly, 34yrs
  • Like 1

I've considered all season tyres but you can't get them for the fiesta st tyre size. Not keen on winter tyres cause of all the hassle involved changing, storing and then back again. Tbf I've never had a problem with standard tyres in winter on any of the 5 cars I've had. Touch wood!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've considered all season tyres but you can't get them for the fiesta st tyre size. Not keen on winter tyres cause of all the hassle involved changing, storing and then back again. Tbf I've never had a problem with standard tyres in winter on any of the 5 cars I've had. Touch wood!!!

What size tyres are on your fiesta?

205/40/17 can get winter tyres for it but not found any all season ones.

205/40/17 can get winter tyres for it but not found any all season ones.

Try these, just come out this year & reasonably priced.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-205-40-17/?s=G

Review from last week -

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92863/all-season-tyres-test-2015-top-all-weather-tyres-tested

got all season tyres on steel rims in shed just in case we get bad winter sooner or later we all get a bad winter once in a while summer tyres are useless when temp get below 7 degrees

This will be the fifth year I have put winter tyres on for a few months. Over five years the only expense has been the extra set of rims really as the expense of the winter tyres and the wear saved on my summer tyres have balanced out. I will probably need 2 new tyres after this winter but I'm not sure how long I intend to keep the car so maybe not.

I initially bought them to save my alloys after I had them refurbed and I was also curious as to how winter tyres compared. Just driving in cold weather the tyres have significantly more grip and confidence.

I have driven many cars and vans in the winter and will continue to do so but I do prefer my car with winter tyres.

• Like 2

I got a set of winter tyres last year for the first time, when temperatures are below 7deg you do feel the extra grip.

When it did snow it was the next best thing to having 4WD !

It does save wear on you summer tyres and I will get another winters use out of last years set, maybe even a third so despite the initial expense it pays for itself overtime.

• Like 1

2 of the 4 new Nokian Weatherproof all season tyres I ordered arrived yesterday & I've just had them fitted today.

(Planned to wait until late October before fitting however I was down to 2mm on the fronts & not sure why tyre leader dispatched in 2 separate deliverys)

I've put these on the rear and the original summer rears on front until the other 2 arrive (might actually wait another month before fitting them)

They have just been given top scores in new auto

express test but will have to wait until I've covered a few miles before I can give my review.

• Like 1

They have just been given top scores in new auto

express test but will have to wait until I've covered a few miles before I can give my review.

I would definitely be interested in hearing how you get on with them, so please do post up your review.

Try these, just come out this year & reasonably priced.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-205-40-17/?s=G

Those are the Maxxis AP2s, which are the only ones I spotted, too. They got a bit of a 'wonder review' on pneus-online, but only on the basis of one users comments, which isn't that reliable (and, if they are that recent, the reviewer probably hasn't had much time to check them out in cold/wet conditions, which is sort of the point - and, given that he is called 'Juan' and lives in Spain, you wonder how much cold/wet he actually sees - if this were an average of 20 reviews, it would all feel more reliable than just one).

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Michelin CrossClimate tyres? How highly do you rate them?

I haven't, but this lot have.

Edit:

...and it is well worth reading, as they compare a decent summer tyre, a decent winter tyre a prevous All Seasons tyre, and the cross-climate (Michelin primacy 3, Continental WinterContact TS850, Goodyear Vector 4Season Gen-2, Michelin CrossClimate). They could have done a few more different tests, but still worth reading.

Edited by BOF

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a spare set of 4 alloys with winter tyres in the garage and have just fitted them myself ready for the summer. I agree that it's best to put 4 on rather than just the two front driven wheels... I have Uniroyal on the back and Westlake on the front.... Last year it really helped in the colder weather and the snow we had up here in North Yorkshire!

• 3 weeks later...

see that nokian's weatherproof won the title best :driving: tyre in snow/wet handling by AUTO ZEITUNG in Germany praise indeed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club